• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 540v SP I kept getting “sheet too small continue” error message whenever I try to cut

Joe Gomes

My machine has all of a sudden stopped cutting, A error message “sheet too small, continue” keeps coming up when I send a print and cut or just cutting.

rjssigns

Might be one of the sheet sensors quit. Had to replace the rear sensor on mine. There are two of them on the right side(head side) One in the rear and one at the front and are located under round end slots in the platen.

Something simple to check is if the rear cover is loose. That will cause an error also. I had that happen after I replaced the sensor.

tim99

try putting a piece of blue tape over the rear sensor. its not a fix but it might get you though the day. we had to do that a few times on specific material..

Tizz

I've stopped using these sensors all together. Placed a small square piece of vinyl over both and just monitored the material.
But rjssigns is right check the cover.