• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 545ex Magenta Overspray

WhiteIMPRINTS

I am new to the site, so thanks for adding me and any help will be appreciated. I have a Roland 545ex, I bought it used over a year ago and it has pretty much run smoothly since buying it, with a few exceptions on needing manually cleaned.

Recently I noticed when printing some static clings that I was getting some magenta type over spray in my white areas. So, I did a full clean. I printed after the cleaning it printed fine. The next job I printed the over spray is back. I have done a full head clean and attached the test print after the cleaning and it seems fine. I have also attached some samples of the over spray. My shop is 70 degrees with a humidity of around 55% or so. I have followed a few tips on here like the laundry sheet on the back of the machine to get static down, My machine seems to be ground well, unless there is another way to ground it besides the plug ground??? Any help would be good. Thanks
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2129testprint2.jpg
    IMG_2129testprint2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_2128 test1.jpg
    IMG_2128 test1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_2127.jpg
    IMG_2127.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 394

rjssigns

Some static cling material won't work. At least that's been my experience with my Roland. We tried using a generic cling material and had nothing but trouble. Ink everywhere. Put in a name brand and it printed perfectly.

Age may have an effect on how well it prints too.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Outside of the wait i find running Unidirectional on the Roland 540s w/ static to offer a much greater result than BiDirectional, not sure how you are running it tho.