• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland banding

avdodooel

Hi. I have this roland printer using eco solvent inks which is causing me some banding, more like ink dropout on various colors. I changed heads, new cap top, pump, dumpers. no luck. and i get this lines mostly on solid colors.Any help what to check maybe?Thanks

Attachments

• 28536394_1757256387674889_1658258521_n.jpg
    28536394_1757256387674889_1658258521_n.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 1,847

C5 Service&Repair

What machine, whats your nozzle check look like, whats your calibration test look like, and what profile. heat settings and material?

Use unidirectional printing and higher heat settings + low head speed and increase nr of passes. Brown is a very delicate color for any printer.

avdodooel

it is a roland fj-52 convert to eco solvent ink, this is no citylight paper and same on blueback billboard paper. No heat temperature since its paper. Nozzle check is ok, since printheads are new.

avdodooel

I tried uni directional, i tried from 720x720 to 1440x1400, still no change. It looks like magenta is droping out, coming again, but nozzle check is fine. If i print other picture, it looks like cyan is droping out, then another picture looks like yellow droping out....pump is new, caping is new.... no ideas...

When printing normal paper like citylight paper or blueback paper, should i use temperature?

Try slowing down printing. Paper needs a lot of ink, maybe your pump cannot keep up with the speed. You're printing to a coated surface not actual paper so you should definitely use the heater.

avdodooel

Try slowing down printing. Paper needs a lot of ink, maybe your pump cannot keep up with the speed. You're printing to a coated surface not actual paper so you should definitely use the heater.
This is a poster paper, which heat setting you might recommend?

Is the color right compared to you monitor? If it was a temperature problem the color may change quite a bit when turning heating on, but it needs to be consistent now. Don't forget to slow down printing speed just to stay on the safe side for now, you can speed it up later

avdodooel

color is exact i want it to be, just like in monitor. But i get these horizontal lines, like ink dropout, ink coming back, grainy horizontal lines. And its on all colors randomly. Its funny. MOstly in solid colors. Thank you people for your time.

Smiler

Printer
Hi had a similar issue a few months ago on my bn20, after much head cleaning and washing inks through it turned out to be the ribbon cables to the head not being seated correctly, if you've renewed the head you know where they are, they MUST be at 90 degrees to the head socket. Put into manual clean mode and check they don't twist as you move the head across the full travel.

petit

I had the same problem with my SP300V and solve if choosing high quality printing in versaworks

Sylvia

We have had this problem on an off with a Roland 540. Went thought he hole lot: cleaning, different medias, temperature settings,colour profiles, even got a new head. Nothing.
Just a week ago (I think!) we found the 2 or 3 problems:
1.) If we are not using the printer A LOT, occasionally we get stripy prints on solids. The printer needs to run a lot and it "cleans itself" through.
2.) For sensitive solids, use uni-direction (but without the first point it does not solve the issue!)
3.) When you take out a cartridge and shake it, don't print for a couple of hours, let the ink settle.

We are printing over 100m (300feet) of the same pink colour on Phototex at the moment. The first metre was very stripy, after 4-5m of printing the stripes disappeared.
But when I took out my magenta to check how much is left in it and shook it (gently), I immediately got some stripes about a 60cm (2feet) into the print.
I so hope this helps you, we went though a lot with this and it was VERY frustrating.

2ny

Also check the calibration settings in Calibration > Printing adjust > Setting. We had some problems with thicker materials, and it turned out that we had to change the calibration from 0,25% to 1,25% to get a consistent color on our print. Has to do with the amount the printer feeds the material through the printer process. If that goes to fast it will show like banding.
Otherwise unidirection, high def. and cleaning are solid advises.
Best of luck.

Tony

avdodooel

Thing got solved by 80% only by printing in 1440dpi and bidirectional and very slow. Funny, if i print unidirectional, same thing, grainy print and lines randomly