• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN-20 and Hotronix® Auto Open Clam Heat Press

StickerBee

Hey guys,

If you have this combo, what can you do to maximize the use of the machine?

I have them for three weeks now and still sitting in my garage collecting dust. Have both Print HTV and Vinyl too plus Premask.

The heat press is 16 20. I am data analyst by trade but a long-term Adobe Illustrator user.

Took over this from a friend who owed me a lot of debts.

Thanks in advance.

With the bn-20 you're pretty limited to small decals/labels. You can do custom apparel but honestly DTG is much cheaper and better (softer hand).

If your printer was unplugged for 3 weeks I'm afraid the PH is dead by now ( costs ~$3500 to have it replaced)

henryz

Start by checking out the printer making sure the heads aren't ruin. If it's still running you can do many things mainly as a hobby. Check out there websites video for the bn-20.

StickerBee

Printer is ON and plugged as suggested so it can run its regular cleaning moisture cycles. Was planning to do Printed HTV, domed stickers, printed glass vinyl,m etc. but man this printer is frigging slow.

StickerBee

Wanted to sell the printer and heat press as a package to can recover my money. For now ill try to make money out of it.

2B

Have you done a head test on the printer? go into the menu and select "Test Print"
Even though it plugged in, you need to make sure that it is in working conditions
Same goes for the heat press, have you tested/checked to make sure it gets to the full temperature.

you will be limited by the printer size, but there are LOTS of things you can make

StickerBee

Good point on the heat press. Thank you! Havent turn it on since I got. I will test on tonight. Test print was good and have that guitar photo and its really crisp. I will try to do some printing this weekend but I have to stay away from playing Counter Strike Go for bit. Lol!

StickerBee

I am switching to HP Latex 115 from BN20 and I hope this would be great decision. Another option Im looking into is buy the lightly use EPSON GS60000 and buy a plotter instead. So what do you think guys?

AF

This is a business forum so it will be difficult for you to find hobby advice here.

StickerBee

With $15000 in equipment is still considered a hobby? What I am asking is, if it is a good idea switching my BN20 to HP Latex 115 to be more flexible on a lot of things I can do. With BN20 its too limited to small signs. Right now I have a contract printing warning signs in an Oil Rig and my BN20 is just too slow.

You should really do your search on google before coming up with these questions. hint: compare 115 vs 315

StickerBee

315 is too big for me though the price difference isnt that much. I am doing this as a side hustle and dont really expect to go head toe to toe with other sign shops. I just want to have the right equipment in order to focus on only a few clients with more personal approach and exclusivity but charge them the premium. Id like to focus on quality not quantity.

AF

You are asking people who know nothing about you and your intended uses to tell you what equipment will be best for you. It sounds to me like you are looking for validation of your decision to buy a 115. Some on here love that machine, some would have nothing to do with it. Now you mention you have promised to supply items to a customer that you are not capable of producing. How about providing all the information so that if anyone has an opinion they can share it since you are not sure what you need.