• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Camjet

Mark H

I may have the opportunity to get a Roland Camjet 60". It is about 15 - 18 years old and has never been used. Can I get drivers/software for it?

Thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is very old technology and is an aqueous printer to boot. It's not really for outdoor use for much more than 6 months, unless you jump through hoops. I'm sure you can get drivers and whatnot, but not all good deals are actually good deals.
We had a CJ 500 and it served us well, but that was almost 20 years ago.

Mark H

I'm not interested in the printing part, I would use it as a plotter. But it probably is not going to track as well as a new Summa :)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You could probably find the drives and get it up and running but they don't manufacture print heads or parts for that machine anymore so it's not worth anything in my view. People who owned those when they were new even had lots of issue 20 years ago. Unless you want a real headache, I would stay away from this one.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
But it probably is not going to track as well as a new Summa :)

Definitely not.

I'm not interested in the printing part, I would use it as a plotter.

This could work but if the print side of things encounters a critical error, it will stop the whole machine from working. There is no way to fully shutdown the printing part of the machine. So if one day the print head fries from trying to fire without any ink in it for months on end, it will give a head error and keep you from moving forward.