• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland camm1 pnc1100a

dom

While moving, I dropped my old laptop with xp and misplaced the cable connector from parallel to my laptop. I used coreldraw 12 for all my cutting. I tried creating a virtual machine with XP on my PC with windows 10 and now cannot get communication between computer and cutter. I bought and tried a parallel to usb cable and a serial to usb and installed the last drivers for xp, but no go. Has anyone gotten this antique to work with with windows 10? I would appreciate any help. I know its a tank, but it has been a very reliable tank. I am having a tough time. I get wow 64 errors while installing the drivers which makes sense 64 bit for a 32 bit system. Called Roland and said it wasn't supported any longer. Why is it that old tech things that work so consistently well get discarded for new disposable systems with a shelf life of 5 years, where there is always something constantly going wrong. Sorry about the rant.

Attila Nagy

Can use GX-24 driver. if you do not mind receiving an error message after every job. or ignore Roland drivers and get a 3rd party cutting software. Signcut, EasyCut, Signlab, FlexiSign etc... all can run Roland PNC directly without driver.
Not all USB-Parallel cable worked for me. Parallel port does not support reading back the page size from the cutter.
USB-Serial with null modem cable works fine.

dom

Can use GX-24 driver. if you do not mind receiving an error message after every job. or ignore Roland drivers and get a 3rd party cutting software. Signcut, EasyCut, Signlab, FlexiSign etc... all can run Roland PNC directly without driver.
Not all USB-Parallel cable worked for me. Parallel port does not support reading back the page size from the cutter.
USB-Serial with null modem cable works fine.

Thank you. I ordered a USB-Serial with null modem cable and downloaded signcutpro2. Installed GX 24 driver, selected pnc1100 from the cutter list but printer does not show up on printer list when trying to print using current cable adapters to usb. Do you know what brand of cable you bought? Thank you again.

dom

attila is correct, not all usb parallel adapters work properly

easiest thing is to spend $55 on a startech parallel port print server from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

it will get an ip from your network

download advanced ip scannner
scan your network
sort results by manufacturer
get your ip for the startech

http://192.168.1.50 (this is an example, use the ip address from advanced ip scanner

Thank you I will try this if I cannot get the USB-Serial with null modem cable to work. Very helpful. Thank you again.

Attila Nagy

You gave up already with your parallel cable? Can you tell a VID.and PID of your usb parallel adapter. If I had one I can confirm it works or not.
On SignCut Select RolandUSB as port or USB001, ... 03 depends what port are you using . On the Cutter select I/O to Auto. And select COMMAND to Mode2. You can access the communication settings while the rollers are lifted up.
My solution for Serial cable here:

Attachments

• IMG_20201101_200457.jpg
    IMG_20201101_200457.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 262

dom

You gave up already with your parallel cable? Can you tell a VID.and PID of your usb parallel adapter. If I had one I can confirm it works or not.
On SignCut Select RolandUSB as port or USB001, ... 03 depends what port are you using . On the Cutter select I/O to Auto. And select COMMAND to Mode2. You can access the communication settings while the rollers are lifted up.
My solution for Serial cable here:

I don't give up that easy :). I tried a simple box in coreldraw and in signcut. After I changed i/o to auto and set command to mode2.

Attachments

• IMG-6353.jpg
    IMG-6353.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 313
  • IMG-6347.JPG
    IMG-6347.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG-6345.jpg
    IMG-6345.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
  • CUTER SETUP.jpg
    CUTER SETUP.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 249

dom

I don't give up that easy :). I tried a simple box in coreldraw and in signcut. After I changed i/o to auto and set command to mode2.
Sorry this image should be better. Thank you again Attila.

Attachments

• CUTER SETU2P.jpg
    CUTER SETU2P.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 269

Attila Nagy

For SignCut Do not select the Device Driver. Select the USB00x port. You have the command not recognised message it is a good Sign. It means you have communication.

• Agree
Reactions: dom

dom

Yippee. It is printing from Coreldraw. I cannot thank you enough. You are a lifesaver. I was already looking at buying other cutter. Thank you again. You rock Attila.