Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland CJ-500 no power

Discussion in 'Roland' started by poppe, Oct 15, 2012.

1. poppe

poppe New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hello hope somebody can help me

I have recently purchased a used Roland CJ-500, today when I had to print it would only write with 3 of the colors, I put it to print after I had cleaned the printheads, but shortly after it stopped in print and now there no power, checked the fuse and replaced it but it has not helped, Is there some who knows what might be wrong???

Tags:
  2. romichoux

romichoux Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Hi poppe

try to check the printhead cable. When thoses cables are not correctly connected to the board, somtime the machine can't be switch on. that could also explain the miss of color.

3. poppe

poppe New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Hi romichoux
    Thanks for the tip, The printhead cable was burned at the bottom and the same was thee printhead, so now I need to get a new Cabel tomorrow and hope that there is nothing that has been damaged

4. poppe

poppe New Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I have now got a new printhead cable and printhead om my printer but still no power :eek:(

5. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I had the very same thing happened to my Cj-500 printer, I was told that possibly it may have fried some parts on the Main board. You should have someone to check it out who works on these boards. I am still trying to figure out what to do with mine,, however my printer does power up tho,,and can do some function while in Service mode but it wont print..