• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CJ-500 no power

poppe

Hello hope somebody can help me

I have recently purchased a used Roland CJ-500, today when I had to print it would only write with 3 of the colors, I put it to print after I had cleaned the printheads, but shortly after it stopped in print and now there no power, checked the fuse and replaced it but it has not helped, Is there some who knows what might be wrong???

romichoux

Hi poppe

try to check the printhead cable. When thoses cables are not correctly connected to the board, somtime the machine can't be switch on. that could also explain the miss of color.

poppe

Hi romichoux
Thanks for the tip, The printhead cable was burned at the bottom and the same was thee printhead, so now I need to get a new Cabel tomorrow and hope that there is nothing that has been damaged

anozira02

I had the very same thing happened to my Cj-500 printer, I was told that possibly it may have fried some parts on the Main board. You should have someone to check it out who works on these boards. I am still trying to figure out what to do with mine,, however my printer does power up tho,,and can do some function while in Service mode but it wont print..