• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CJ500 or SC500 Drivers for windows 7

sfr table hockey

I have still been running my converted CJ 500 on XP but that computer is feeling tired and I wanted to know if anyone has run one on windows 7 or newer. I have Flexi 8 running on my laptop with windows 7 but it seems like it needs a new driver.

So has anyone had luck running a CJ 500 or SC500 on windows 7 and had the driver needed?

Ragnabrok

Im fairly certain since they are network based, they don't need a driver per se, as it is built into the rip, not the OS. as long as flexi works, the printer should as well.

sfr table hockey

Can't seem to get it to see the printer when a file is sent. Get a can't open port and did a search about that but other than others having the same issue I could not find a fix.

So just a bump on the thread to see again if anyone ever ran a CJ or SC500 on windows 7 or newer and are still alive....

What rip did you use and did you need to use a different driver than one would have used with xp.

Are the rest of us running these printers still only on XP?

Fantazia

I have my SC-500 with ColorChoice 4.5 running in Windows 7 64 bit. Just copied the ColorCoice files in tha same folder in new windows and used the Windows XP compatibility mode for the .exe file. Roland gives no compatibility for ColorChoice with Windows 7 but it works :)

sfr table hockey

Thanks for that reply.

So that means I still have a chance....

My computer guy is going to try to come out and see why the drivers are not seeming to be seen on my windows 7 laptop and see if he can get it to work. However, I'm trying to run it on Flexi production manager, however I have Flexi working with the key, but it can't find the port when I send a file or shows printing at 100% and nothing happens when I mess with the default settings.

So from what you stated you are using the same driver as you did on XP. I tried to install color choice on it and could not seem to get the properties tab to run it in compatibility mode. Will have to try again.

Can you tell me if you are running windows 7 home prem or professional?

robcbd

Cj-500 looking for window software

I have a cj-500 and I have the Mac disk but not window disc. No luck from Roland. I have older Mac and window computer and my Mac 3 different usb / parallel cable are not working with the Mac. I didn't get the window disc when purchase the printer only the Mac disk.

Southpaw1

I have still been running my converted CJ 500 on XP but that computer is feeling tired and I wanted to know if anyone has run one on windows 7 or newer. I have Flexi 8 running on my laptop with windows 7 but it seems like it needs a new driver.

So has anyone had luck running a CJ 500 or SC500 on windows 7 and had the driver needed?

I'm looking to purchase a CJ500 and am currently running XP and corel 9. I have a pnc1210 I'm running now off that setup (since that's the newest driver made for it). Did you get a windows 7 driver or where can I download an xp driver for it?