• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Cleaning Test Print Gap Issue

nickgreyink

We have been doing daily cleaning test prints on our Roland for a few months now to make sure the heads and nozzles are running smoothly.

I was doing one of these and the first print came out looking like it had a bit of fuzz on it, so I did a normal clean and another test print. That seemed to get rid of the fuzz.

I did one more test print to be sure and noticed the gap between the first pass on the head and the second pass was noticeably closer than it is on normal test prints.

Did one more test print and it went back to normal.

What is more odd is that I did a test print yesterday morning and it was normal and did not print anything yesterday (we had a big installation), so nothing was printed between he two test prints.

Would be very appreciative if some someone new if this is an issue or have had problems with this in the past.

Attachments

• IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 502
  • IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 185

nickgreyink

Never mind. We talked to our printer supply dealer and they informed us that when a cleaning test print is done it disregards the feed calibration settings so there may be an overlap on lighter material and a gap on heavier between the first and second passes.

Hope this helps anyone who runs into this issue in the future.