• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Color System .ase for Affinity

shoresigns

Just grab the .AI file of the swatches from your Versaworks folder. Assuming Affinity can open AI files, just open it and save the palette as an ASE. Or if you have Illustrator, do the conversion there.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Roland Versaworks\Swatches\Illustrator

smalltownpaul

shoresigns Thanks for the reply... all of those are the problem... Affinity can open an .ai as a document but can't import as a swatch or profile, also I don't have Illistrator.

shoresigns

shoresigns Thanks for the reply... all of those are the problem... Affinity can open an .ai as a document but can't import as a swatch or profile, also I don't have Illistrator.
Right, that makes sense that Affinity can't import AI files as a colour palette, but the Roland AI files are just ordinary AI documents with all the colours saved in the document palette. If you can open AI files in Affinity, the colours should show up in your document colour palette.

smalltownpaul

I agree that's the case for many other pieces of software that I've tried. Often it does work to import an ai into color management dialogs to pull in the color pallet only and if you open the ai as a document the color pallet would normally come with... however I'm not getting either to work with Affinity... so back to my question would you or anyone else be kind enough to export an ase from the Roland Color System Library.ai

shoresigns

I see. I'm not familiar with Affinity, just thought it would be able to load the document palette if it can load an AI document. Here's an ASE of our Roland library.

Attachments

• Roland Color System Library.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 527

smalltownpaul

I see. I'm not familiar with Affinity, just thought it would be able to load the document palette if it can load an AI document. Here's an ASE of our Roland library.
Awesome! Thank you. That worked perfectly, Affinity imported your ase pallette perfectly and it appears to be the same Roland Library we're currently using.