• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland ColorCamm PC60,PC600 to buy or not to buy

dsw140

Hello all, I have a desire to provide print and cut products to my customers for logos, t-shirt transfers, etc. Trouble is these machines are very expensive and my small business does not have the capital to purchase such a machine. But then I happened across these used Roland PC60/600 machines that could be in my purchasing range and appear to be able to provide the product I seek. Please can I get some suggestions, considerations, and opinions. Thanks in advance, Dan

andy

PC 60/600 machines are quite possibly the worst pieces of sign equipment ever invented.

The only small digital printer worth buying is a Gerber Edge.

Used PC 60 machines are very cheap because they are very bad- no other reason.

BobM

I've have one a bought used 3 years ago. It has a new print head ($850) and servo motor ($275). I use it for emergency jobs and once in a while I will print out a sample job. It is a good machine, just old technogly. I use Merchant Members on this site for my printing needs.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome from a little ways over.................

We had some of them over the years, but no longer can justify having one. It is rather outdated technology and is somewhat temperamental to operate. If you have one... fine, but to start out with one at this late stage of the game... you're bound to run into problems with hardly anyone around that has parts, let alone someone that will work on one.

It would be better for you to farm that work out and save up for a better, more updated machine.

joezeppii

I had one a few years ago. It got me started in the digital printing game, but I soon found out that it was VERY expensive to buy the cartriges and they are tempremental. It got very hard to even find a supplier for the cartriges. I'd advise to stay away from them.

vinylbarry

If you going to print small decals they are fine I just ran 100 solid red 2.5 tall by 4 wide decals and not a problem.
I also ran 100 oval small hard hat decals out already this morning through this machine with out a problem.
So its what you can do I still send out bigger prints for cost but for smaller work its great.
I can still buy refills for 9.99 each and carts for 14.95 and company tells me they be around for a couple years yet.

Rodi

Don't! The idea is great, but really its expensive per square foot and really the money you would lose compared to other thermal printers (edge or summa) you would hate yourself. I had a smaller version of it, an ALPS MD-5000. Prints were beautiful, but but but wow slow (money out of your pocket), bad tension. Just a mess.

Outsource and save the profits from that and buy a summa or an edge for that type of work.