• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland ColorCAMM Trade-In Promo Announced

CS-SignSupply

If you have a Roland ColorCAMM and are interested in getting the BN-20, now is the time.

Get $1,000 OFF the BN-20 through June 25 when trading in your ColorCAMM (PNC-5000, PC-12/50/60/600)

Call for details - 1.877.602.4237

Legion455

Well,..... shute... I just purchased my BN-20 on May 4th, and I have a PC-12.

(we talked to you on the phone before buying here in Louisville locally.)

I'm wondering if there's a way to be able to take advantage of this,... seeing how it been only 2 weeks?

thanks
Allen & Ray

MakeMyGraphic

is there a limit to how many ColorCamms you can trade in to get the 1000 discount ;-) I have a 12, 60 and 600 lol been looking at getting a BN20 for a little while now... but only because I am looking to go more portable and I'm not too sure how well my PC 12 would travel.. too scared to do it haha :)

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland ColorCamm Trade-In

Well,..... shute... I just purchased my BN-20 on May 4th, and I have a PC-12.

(we talked to you on the phone before buying here in Louisville locally.)

I'm wondering if there's a way to be able to take advantage of this,... seeing how it been only 2 weeks?

thanks
Allen & Ray

Sadly, the promotion is only available for orders placed AFTER the promotion was announced. However, check with your dealer and ask how they may be able to help.

CS-SignSupply

Roland's promotions are very specific and released to dealers usually the day before, if not the same day, of the public release. If I had longer notice, I would have done the right thing and told you of an upcoming promo that may interest you, if you could wait a few weeks.

The promo is limited to one trade-in per BN-20 purchase.

As we discussed on the phone Allen & Ray, you are out of our authorized sales territory and we were not able to sell the unit to you anyway. I tried to help all I could with other dealer referrals and general pricing and information on the unit.

Anyone in the GA, TN, SC, NC, AL area interested in the BN-20 and might have a ColorCamm to trade in, give me or Tim a call at 1-877-602-4237.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland ColorCamm Promotion

is there a limit to how many ColorCamms you can trade in to get the 1000 discount ;-) I have a 12, 60 and 600 lol been looking at getting a BN20 for a little while now... but only because I am looking to go more portable and I'm not too sure how well my PC 12 would travel.. too scared to do it haha :)

I am sorry, but it is limited to ONE ColorCamm trade-in per BN-20 ordered.

MakeMyGraphic

yeah that was sort of a joke on my end :) I wouldn't mind trading in my 60 for credit towards one of those... I will have a learning curve though, used to printing and not having to worry about lamination or uv protection. Can't say I know enough about those things at this point since this is my first true year being in business for myself and I never owned an inkjet printer. I know the answers are probably all over this forum and I will look accordingly, however does Roland offer any crash courses on using these new BN-20s and offer tips tricks etc when purchasing one? All my plotters so far have been 2nd hand and I've been slowly but steadily growing my business to a point where now I feel I might be able to get an inkjet and make it worth my investment. My fears about those are things I have read such as

1. you need volume to not allow the ink to dry out
2. you will need a laminator to protect against uv and make it outdoors safe (meaning I have to purchase a laminator now if I purchase this thing)

I will be doing research on this while I wait for any response :) need to learn more about this trade I am now in. Always learning learning learning, but I LOVE the portability of these BN-20s

wondering also though, are they sensitive to movement? As in, can I travel with one and use it in my mobile shop? Hmm...

CS-SignSupply

The installing dealer may offer some training.

As for Roland, there are many videos, user guides and other PDF training guides.

jayhawksigns

Nice offer to older Roland users, but even at $7k, those units are a little to rich for my blood for what they do. Would of been nice to get something for our PC-600 thats just collecting dust in the corner.

Pat Whatley

If you don't have a ColorCamm and you want the discount I'll be glad to send you one and split the discount!

If you need two I'll have to go dredge the river but I can probably find it.

Alpha Star

I wouldn't do it. I have several ColorCamms, an SP-300 and a couple LEC-300's. If you're going to upgrade from a ColorCamm, I suggest jumping right to a VersaUV. The regular Rolands like the BN-20 will be very disappointing to anyone used to a ColorCamm. They distort vinyl, barely print on anything and worst of all, require dry time. Stick with your ColorCamm.

Mosh

I have a pnc-5000, does it matter if it is still working?
how bout a trade on something 54" or bigger what can you do?
I am looking for another 54" machine in the next six months.

dcurtisroland

I wouldn't do it. I have several ColorCamms, an SP-300 and a couple LEC-300's. If you're going to upgrade from a ColorCamm, I suggest jumping right to a VersaUV. The regular Rolands like the BN-20 will be very disappointing to anyone used to a ColorCamm. They distort vinyl, barely print on anything and worst of all, require dry time. Stick with your ColorCamm.
Alpha,
What does "distort vinyl" mean?

-Dana

Alpha Star

<sigh>... Okay, search these forums for the word "shrinkage". You'll find hundreds of posts about it.

Yes, there are work-arounds, like printing on specific materials, letting it sit for a day, and printing less ink (lower quality colors).

But come on, let's not pretend the problem doesn't exist. It's absolutely debilitating for anyone wanting to print labels. I don't know what it is about Roland acting like the major issues in their machines are non-existent, but it's kind of insulting :(