• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Connection problem

I have the SP-300v that I use to print small runs and decals that are print /cut. However we have always had it on its own computer. That computers hard drive went out and the fact that it only print to roland I'm going to connect to roland to main computer. The problem is Roland says max usb connection is 9ft. I can not get it that close. I have a usb to ethernet to usb running to it but it isn't working. It will stop about 20 minutes into any print due to connection lose. Anyone know how I can connect the sp to my computer. The problem is it only has USB port and tech says I just need to move it.

i only need about 30 ft.

Thanks
HWG

noregrets

I had the same problem as you a long time ago - unfortunately, the only solution is to move the computer/printer so they are closer together. Long USB cables just dont work, neither does USB over ethernet.

I pulled my hair out trying all different kinds of things.

Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear

2B

Hope you get it figure out! I can see how that would be a hassle. I guess you could always buy a cheapo computer with decent RAM, that's all you need really just to run VW.

not knowing your setup configuration, how about drilling a hole through the wall and running the cord that way? shortest point is a straight line