• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland cutting protection strip

Sandman

I’m having a difficult time finding the cutter protection strip for a Roland PNC 1210 Pro. Does anyone know of a source? Roland has discontinued them.

Sandman

Ebay normally has them and try Amazon
Ebay normally has them and try Amazon
Are YOU serious? Really!!! REALLY!!!!!!!! You think I actually didn't try Google first. Most everyone does not carry them as Roland has stopped supporting the PNC line. (Thanks Roland, build a rock solid machine and then drop support. Last Roland product I'll ever buy). The Ebay one is the wrong one and double the price. Plus sending stuff back to an ebay site is a pain. Amazon does not have them. There are about 6 or more different widths for protection strips so you need the perfect fit. Yep, another brilliant Roland idea, make them a bunch of different widths for different models. I did find that All Graphic Supplies as well as S&F Supplies has them listed but I found them after I posted this and just because they are listed doesn't mean they are in stock. I'd also prefer a US sign supply outfit for more reasonable shipping.

ams

Are YOU serious? Really!!! REALLY!!!!!!!! You think I actually didn't try Google first. Most everyone does not carry them as Roland has stopped supporting the PNC line. (Thanks Roland, build a rock solid machine and then drop support. Last Roland product I'll ever buy). The Ebay one is the wrong one and double the price. Plus sending stuff back to an ebay site is a pain. Amazon does not have them. There are about 6 or more different widths for protection strips so you need the perfect fit. Yep, another brilliant Roland idea, make them a bunch of different widths for different models. I did find that All Graphic Supplies as well as S&F Supplies has them listed but I found them after I posted this and just because they are listed doesn't mean they are in stock. I'd also prefer a US sign supply outfit for more reasonable shipping.

Have you thought about upgrading to a better plotter? The GX-24 is amazing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but I am genuinely curious. The copyright of the user's manual is 1995. That means that model is at least 23 years old. How long would a company have to support a machine for you to consider it reasonable and gain your trust?

Sandman

Have you thought about upgrading to a better plotter? The GX-24 is amazing.

Not an option. I'll be 68 years old this year and heading into semi retirement soon. My house and shop property is up for sale and when sold I'm moving to Texas. 75% of my current business is 3D signs, but once I'm in Texas I want to only make 3D signs, CNC milling, and some furniture building just to have something to do. I also need a plotter occasionally for paint mask and for small copy on my golf tee signs, copy too small to cut on the CNC. If I can find the strips I was planning on buying 3 of them which should carry me to the grave.

Sandman

I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but I am genuinely curious. The copyright of the user's manual is 1995. That means that model is at least 23 years old. How long would a company have to support a machine for you to consider it reasonable and gain your trust?
I bought the machine in 1998 direct from Roland. For basic maintenance parts like what I need, longer than 20 years. For motors and major internal guts, probably 10 to 15 years. I'll ask you this, can you but brake pads for a 1957 Chevy? Yep. What this really comes down to is there is not freaking GOOD reason to make so many different cutting protection strip widths. Make them all the same. The blade rides back and fourth along the same vector. You don't need 1/8 inch strips for one machine and 3/16 for the next , then there are 4, 5, 6, & 8 mm. Okay, so I'm done ranting, Everything on ebay is imported from China and none of them are the right size, but my best results were from Heidelberg, Solna, Roland, Leibinger Parts & More Printer's Parts & Supplies that actually went to the trouble of listing the width and length of all the strip models and I believe I can make one for a CX-300 work. Thanks for all those that tried to help.

Sandman

By the way, none of the ebay strips are the proper width. Of the suppliers you listed, the Canadian suppliers are not allowed to sell Roland parts to United States customers, and the others either didn't stock the model or were out of stock and simply hadn't updated their web site, so the strip I needed was not available. One guy told me they are running into the same problem. They have lots of customers wanting that strip, but they cannot find a source either.

ams

Not an option. I'll be 68 years old this year and heading into semi retirement soon. My house and shop property is up for sale and when sold I'm moving to Texas. 75% of my current business is 3D signs, but once I'm in Texas I want to only make 3D signs, CNC milling, and some furniture building just to have something to do. I also need a plotter occasionally for paint mask and for small copy on my golf tee signs, copy too small to cut on the CNC. If I can find the strips I was planning on buying 3 of them which should carry me to the grave.

Gotcha, I will try to locate some. What is the length of the strip you need?

Sandman

Gotcha, I will try to locate some. What is the length of the strip you need?
I could get away with 28 inches. The strip for the machine is 30 1/4 " and is 1/8 inch wide but my cutting width is 24". Roland has a bunch of 3/16 inch strips but I bought one and it won't fit. If I'm completely stuck I may have to try a 3 mm strip. It's just slightly smaller but even if I butt one side up tight in the channel the blade should still ride on the strip.

ams

I could get away with 28 inches. The strip for the machine is 30 1/4 " and is 1/8 inch wide but my cutting width is 24". Roland has a bunch of 3/16 inch strips but I bought one and it won't fit. If I'm completely stuck I may have to try a 3 mm strip. It's just slightly smaller but even if I butt one side up tight in the channel the blade should still ride on the strip.

They aren't in USA, but these people have them. (Bottom of the list.)
Roland Pad, Cutting Strips | Conect Enterprises | Melbourne - Conect Enterprises

ams

TCT distributes vinyl graphics supplies in Canada and other products.

Cutting Strips (Very Bottom Right)

Sandman

ams

I contacted TCT this morning and they are out of stock and cannot find any. The second company didn't even look to see if they had any, they just told me they cannot sell any Roland supplies outside of Canada. I'm about ready to check with a Canadian sign maker and see if they will check with All Graphic Supplies to see if they can get me some.

Check with sign companies, they may sell you a couple. Also they sell generic ones on Ebay, if you know which MM size it is, you can either get a strip or get like 10 feet of it and cut it the length you need.

Sandman

Check with sign companies, they may sell you a couple. Also they sell generic ones on Ebay, if you know which MM size it is, you can either get a strip or get like 10 feet of it and cut it the length you need.
I’m trying to contact some Canadian signmakers to see if a company that has them on their web site actually has them on hand. Most of the eBay generics from China are 4, 5, 6, and 8 mm but I think I saw a 3 mm strip that might work as a last resort.

sardocs

We stopped buying the nylon or teflon strips 20 years ago. We just cut an appropriate sized strip of sandblast stencil an use that. Works really great on our Ioline plotter and our sp300.