• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CX-24 plotter blade angle

sign-doc

I recently purchased a used CX-24 plotter and the blade angle appears to be slightly more than 90 degrees to the vinyl. Is there any way to adjust the angle.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There should be no angle to the blade holder or else your machine is broken. You can get different degree blades such as 45 and 60 degree which are most common but you cannot change any angles on the machine itself.

sign-doc

you mean the blade holder is at the angle, or just the blade itself?

The blade and the round barrel shaped holder are fine. The part that the barrel shaped blade holder goes into isn't at 90 degrees to the cutting surface. I am talking about the part that slides the blade back and forth along the carriage (left and right as you are looking at plotter from the front) It is only off by a degree or so.

sign-doc

There should be no angle to the blade holder or else your machine is broken. You can get different degree blades such as 45 and 60 degree which are most common but you cannot change any angles on the machine itself.

I am aware of the different degree angles for the cutting edge. I was referring to the part that travels on the carriage (tracks left to right as you look at machine from the front) not being perpendicular to cutting area.

Ragnabrok

Not a whole lot of adjustment room, but the cut carriage is attached to the bearing block by 2 3mm allen key screws. could loosen them a bit to level, and tighen back up. also a good time to see if something is just really loose or bent.