• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland down and we have a large order

postnetnc133

Having some print quality issues with our roland.

We have an order for 1500 - 12" x 20" vehicle decals. Fortunately they are not all due at the same time but because of the time it would eat up on our roland we would love to out source the job but at the moment we are doing batches in house until one of the heads started acting up.

the job is to print on adhesive vinyl, laminate, contour cut, and then of weed and mask.

We looked at a few vendors to do the printing laminating and contour cutting but the pricing was outrageous.

We thought about having someone else just do the printing on adhesive vinyl and we would even supply the vinyl if need be and we would take care of laminating and contour cutting but we were un aware and we were told that we cant do that. Have another printer print these prints and then try to register the cutting on our rolands cutter. Didnt make sense to me but a wholesale sign vendor told us this.

Any thoughts of any vendors to handle this for a great price or is it possible for us to have someone else handle the printing and we do the laminating and contour cutting. I would think if we set the file up so that is was 12 up or whatever amount with the registration dots and have the file for contour cutting 12 up or whatever amount as if thats one print, are we not able to do the contour cutting ourselves?

CanuckSigns

Having some print quality issues with our roland.

We have an order for 1500 - 12" x 20" vehicle decals. Fortunately they are not all due at the same time but because of the time it would eat up on our roland we would love to out source the job but at the moment we are doing batches in house until one of the heads started acting up.

the job is to print on adhesive vinyl, laminate, contour cut, and then of weed and mask.

We looked at a few vendors to do the printing laminating and contour cutting but the pricing was outrageous.

We thought about having someone else just do the printing on adhesive vinyl and we would even supply the vinyl if need be and we would take care of laminating and contour cutting but we were un aware and we were told that we cant do that. Have another printer print these prints and then try to register the cutting on our rolands cutter. Didnt make sense to me but a wholesale sign vendor told us this.

Any thoughts of any vendors to handle this for a great price or is it possible for us to have someone else handle the printing and we do the laminating and contour cutting. I would think if we set the file up so that is was 12 up or whatever amount with the registration dots and have the file for contour cutting 12 up or whatever amount as if thats one print, are we not able to do the contour cutting ourselves?

While i'm sure it is "possible" to have one company print the decals and another contour cut them, I can see why no one wants to do it, put yourselves in their shoes, if for some reason the cut doesn't line up perfectly, who do you think you are going to call and blame?

I assume what happened is you sold these decals to your client for far less than you should have, and now you are in a bind and looking for a printer to produce this job for you for less to save your bacon. am I right?

player

Get Roland up, print them yourself?

By the time you get someone else to do it and ship, you could have a Roland tech in and have your printer running...

postnetnc133

No we priced these just right as if we were doing them ourselves but now that our roland is down we are in a jam. So we are looking to outsource these as a back up plan because the local roland dealer has two guys and one is on vacation this week and the other one is slammed because of so they may not get to us until end of next week.

This isnt my first rodeo, we are just caught in a pickle here.

Get Roland up, print them yourself?

By the time you get someone else to do it and ship, you could have a Roland tech in and have your printer running...

postnetnc133

Our roland isnt dead 100% it is just not printing correct. We can still contour cut as our cutter is working fine on the roland. Only the print quality is off.

player

What is wrong with the printer?

There are lots of good people who might help you get it running again without the techs...

CS-SignSupply

Which model of Roland is this? Can you send me a pic of the nozzle test and the quality issues you are running into...

Maybe we can help.

Z SIGNS

Might be dumb question.
Why print,laminate and cut and weed ?
Why not just print laminate and apply to the mag.
Skip the weeding and tapeing part

postnetnc133

We are producing these vehicle decals for a client that we are shipping in batches around the country.

These are not going on magnet backs.

Might be dumb question.
Why print,laminate and cut and weed ?
Why not just print laminate and apply to the mag.
Skip the weeding and tapeing part

rjssigns

Although this won't help your present situation you may want to develop a relationship with a trusted shop.

In dire emergencies I have a go to shop across town. They even refer their business to us when they are out of town on installs.