• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Roland DX2 Capping "Wired"

Fantazia

Hello,
all those (many) wears I use original Roland parts. Roland made an update a long time ago to capping sponges (called also "filters") to the original capping station for DX2 print head printers like SC-500 I own. Mimaki made an improvement to the same part adding a wire mesh to prevent sponges coming out, but they do not have this as a part any more.
Does anyone know where this kind of capping (something like the one in the photo) is still available?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Capping Wire.jpg
    Capping Wire.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 354

player

Hello,
all those (many) wears I use original Roland parts. Roland made an update a long time ago to capping sponges (called also "filters") to the original capping station for DX2 print head printers like SC-500 I own. Mimaki made an improvement to the same part adding a wire mesh to prevent sponges coming out, but they do not have this as a part any more.
Does anyone know where this kind of capping (something like the one in the photo) is still available?

Thank you.
If nothing is available can you use the wire from your old one and replace the sponge?

Fantazia

If nothing is available can you use the wire from your old one and replace the sponge?
The point is that I never had a captop with the wire. On the other hand, the captop with the wire must be somehow different from the original type.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The point is that I never had a captop with the wire. On the other hand, the captop with the wire must be somehow different from the original type.

They are actually exactly the same except for the wire mesh. All the wire mesh does is keep the sponge from swelling and touching the head which causes a wicking effect. You can take the old sponge out, stick it in the middle of a phone book, close it and then leave overnight. It will dry and flatten it out. I don't think they even make those capping station anymore.