• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Eco Sol Max ink replacement

dynodan537

I am looking into 3rd party inks for my Roland SP-540V and would like some input from those who have switched. Is there a great value out there that doesn't harm the print heads and that uses the same IIC profiles? I mainly use Orajet vinyls as I've had great luck with the quality of prints. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Dan

ucmj22

I am looking into 3rd party inks for my Roland SP-540V and would like some input from those who have switched. Is there a great value out there that doesn't harm the print heads and that uses the same IIC profiles? I mainly use Orajet vinyls as I've had great luck with the quality of prints. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Dan

when I asked this question the results hit and miss. switching inks still seems to be a crap shoot.

Mainframe

Dan

If it ain't broke DON'T FIX IT!

petepaz

i tried using lyson inks for a while and then my i had 2 capping stations go.
i know that roland no longer warranties capping stations and considers this part a consumable but while using only roland inks i have not had to replace anything since and i have another roland that never had any issues. take it's for what it's worth but for the amount i would be saving not worht the aggrivation to replace parts or maybe a print head. also i think if they find out you are using third party inks (not positive but) i think that voids your warranty

Salmoneye

I know a roland tech with lots of exp on the west coast, he does not service my equipment or sell me anything but when discussing 3rd party ink he said that I should never run any of it and the a majority of his major repairs were a direct result of these inks. Ink is cheap anyway.

for some reason people as so desperate to save a few cents on ink here and there..........stick with oem.....and i'll second that saying>>if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jack Knight1979

If you're not going through three to four full sets of ink a month, it's not worth it.

I save a lot of money by using Solaris Bulk ink. Best ink I've ever used. It takes a little while to dry compared to OEM, but it's great. Gentle on the machine and has way better color than other aftermarket inks.

I love the stuff.

It does stink and I vent my machine.

What I love most of all. I never run out of ink during a job. I fill the tanks every couple days and print.

ironballz

If you're not going through three to four full sets of ink a month, it's not worth it.

I save a lot of money by using Solaris Bulk ink. Best ink I've ever used. It takes a little while to dry compared to OEM, but it's great. Gentle on the machine and has way better color than other aftermarket inks.

I love the stuff.

It does stink and I vent my machine.

What I love most of all. I never run out of ink during a job. I fill the tanks every couple days and print.
how much per liter of ink? and where i can buy this

Farmboy

for some reason people as so desperate to save a few cents on ink here and there..........stick with oem.....and i'll second that saying>>if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
and I'll add that you should be passing this cost off to the customer anyway, no matter what ink you use.

Bly

We've been using Bordeaux ecosol cartridges for a while now with no probs whatsoever.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Voids your warranty...

i tried using lyson inks for a while and then my i had 2 capping stations go.
i know that roland no longer warranties capping stations and considers this part a consumable but while using only roland inks i have not had to replace anything since and i have another roland that never had any issues. take it's for what it's worth but for the amount i would be saving not worht the aggrivation to replace parts or maybe a print head. also i think if they find out you are using third party inks (not positive but) i think that voids your warranty

According to the Magnusson Moss ACT, the manufacturer canNOT void your warranty for using non OEM inks. http://www.me-mag.com/Upload/magmoss.pdf

Fatboy

I have been in the ink related game for about 10 years now. I run both my roland printers on 3rd party inks only. I have been to so many seminars where OEM 'S are trying to sell the reason there inks are so much more expensive. Never made sense to me. In the deskjet industry (where I started) a company like Static Control is much bigger than Hp themselves so why would they create an ink that does not do excactley the same as the OEM ink.Remember...it is easier to copy than to create....if you are a big company and you gonna copy a product then why do it wrong?How long will people use you.? This is the reason that people go over to 3 party inks. In South Africa I can by a litre of Ink for less than the price of an OEM cartridge.(440ml) So what if my warranty goes .....the money I save covers whatever can go wrong. A company like Roland(in South Africa) wont even replace any non ink related part if you dont use their ink under warranty..Imagine a world where you buy a Ford and you lose the warranty just because you dont use Bp gas? Does this make sense or am I missing the point somewhere?

CS-SignSupply-TT

FatBoy, well said! My son just returned from a seven week mission trip to SA. He stayed with students at JO-Berg. His eyes were really OPENed! Thanks for the hospitality.

Fatboy

Glad he enjoyed it.I am based in Kwa Zulu Natal.If he ever come this way he will be more than welcome.