• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland giving some money back ?

autoexebat

Hey all , I bought my machine 2 months ago brand new , VS-300i and I've had contour cut issues being off daily. I had a tech come by and never really figured out an issue of what is causing it.

I have a ebay store and a full time website and by now my name has pretty much gone sour on a lot of forums , due to my products being late and giving people refunds after they order saying I can't make the graphics due to machine issues. By now I have probably throw away $3000.00 in material / lamination and I have refunded around $1500 to $1600.00 in sales and 5 to $600.00 in customer chargebacks.

My question is , How much is Roland willing to help ? I have wasted tons and tons of ink / material / lamination and TIME ! Not to mention the $18000.00 print for this unit .

I would like to get some feedback from you guys and see what my next step should be ?

Thanks so much .

player

You need to be aggressive and go after them. Call everyday. They screwed me over, and the warranty is over and now they say it is too bad for me. Roland really sucks.

autoexebat

Yeah I'm trying to keep a smile on my face but when I have to keep whipping out my credit card and buying more material I get saddened . My wife asked me last night ( What are all of your graphics doing in the garbage can ? Arent you supposed to mail them to your customers ? ) Then I get my bank statments in the mail and it shows I made pretty good money for the month , then I look at my credit card bill and notice I paid out more for material than I made in sales !!!

2B

we had an issue with one of our Roland printers and cutting alignment, took over a year to get it correct.

it was BIG HEADACHE!!!!!
come to find out they put the wrong motherboard in the 64" machine (board was for a 30") so any width over the 30" was off.

we got no material compensation only inks

if the machine is still under warranty, then don't take no for an answer.

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
Tel: 949-727-2100 x1 Fax: 949-727-2112

rdm01

A tech should never be allowed to leave site (for good) until the thing is fixed, and working well. If they do leave (to wait for parts, etc.) you need to demand a date that they will be back to fix your equipment. And if it isn't working don't run a grip of material through it. There is no recourse with Roland for stubbornly sending material through a machine that isn't working.

This is what your dealer is for. Let them know that unless you have the issue resolved by (enter reasonable amount of time here), you will be seeking a full refund and they will need to come and get the equipment. Let them know up front you will be paying no crating or repackaging fees, stocking fees, etc. Also let them know that you wish never to be contacted by there sales department again, as you will be dealing with more stand up, reputable dealers from then on.

You have to be firm, and relentless at times.

strypguy

Are you printing registration marks or printing and cutting at the same time? I had a contour cut issue with my machine, I found out if I printed the registration marks it would do fine on the contour cuts but if I just printed and cut it was off. Just saying, even if you aren't laminating, it may be worth a shot to print with marks and re-load the media, have it find the marks, and see how it cuts. Might get you by for now. I had a tech re-calibrate mine and it's fine now but yours may have another problem. John

autoexebat

Are you printing registration marks or printing and cutting at the same time? I had a contour cut issue with my machine, I found out if I printed the registration marks it would do fine on the contour cuts but if I just printed and cut it was off. Just saying, even if you aren't laminating, it may be worth a shot to print with marks and re-load the media, have it find the marks, and see how it cuts. Might get you by for now. I had a tech re-calibrate mine and it's fine now but yours may have another problem. John

Yes I am printing with the registration marks, I strongly feel that it's the 12mil lamination that is causing all of my issues ... so at the same time I'm almost blaming myself for the whole deal .. maybe the machine isnt really meant to do what my intensions were ?

I cut some graphics yesturday and it was 100% dead on , cut 2 sets today and they both lay in the garbage . :covereyes:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
With all of the cutting issues you are having couldn't you run a quick pen plot to confirm the cut before ruining the material?
I thought you had a separate cutter that worked well on the thicker material? Are these too big to run?
After the first couple of failures I'd hand cut that stuff if I couldn't get a good pen plot - before tossing away laminated prints.

wayne k
guam usa

Z SIGNS

What is the real problem ?
These machines/tools usually do what they are told to do.
Most of the problems are human errors.
Is it a defective machine or is it an inexperienced machine operator ?

TCBinaflash

If you are under warranty demand they fix it. I did this years ago with Roland, they tried 3 times to fix the machine, then replaced with a new unit.

I never had any issues with them not responding as one would expect.

autoexebat

With all of the cutting issues you are having couldn't you run a quick pen plot to confirm the cut before ruining the material?
I thought you had a separate cutter that worked well on the thicker material? Are these too big to run?
After the first couple of failures I'd hand cut that stuff if I couldn't get a good pen plot - before tossing away laminated prints.

wayne k
guam usa

The type of stuff I make you can't hand cut as they are sized exactly to the part , If I was to hand cut it , it would not be the same shape .

As far as me being poorly trained maybe ? But I worked with a Roland 54" for a year making the same graphics , same lamination and never had this issue .

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
The type of stuff I make you can't hand cut as they are sized exactly to the part , If I was to hand cut it , it would not be the same shape .

As far as me being poorly trained maybe ? But I worked with a Roland 54" for a year making the same graphics , same lamination and never had this issue .

I dunno, we have had to hand cut a lot of stuff around here. If you can print the cutline you can follow it with a blade, just have to practice.
It's not a good long term solution but having some knife skills can be handy in a pinch when technology fails - I am fully prepared to hand cut graphics once the first wave of the zombie apocalypse passes.

If you can't get Roland to come in and check your gear out maybe you can record a few runs from start to fail and post it to Youtube. Someone might be able to spot the cause of the bad cuts.

wayne k
guam usa

Andrew O

Merchant Member
I have responded to your other thread, and PM'ed. Please contact me so that we can try to figure out what is going on. PM me with your contact information and you will get a call back.

synergy_jim

sounds like a dealer support issue. If this was my machine, the dealer would have been here fixing it the next day. We have an awesome dealer though.....

Sign Works

If you are under warranty demand they fix it. I did this years ago with Roland, they tried 3 times to fix the machine, then replaced with a new unit.

I never had any issues with them not responding as one would expect.

I did this once years ago on a Roland that was out of warranty. Dealt directly with Roland headquaters in Irvine, CA. After 3 failed attempts to fix the machine I was offered a new unit which still worls flawlessly today 11 years later.

autoexebat

sounds like a dealer support issue. If this was my machine, the dealer would have been here fixing it the next day. We have an awesome dealer though.....

I was promised a phone call today from my sales rep ... It's now 1/4 to 5 and I highly doubt they will call . This will be the 2nd time they promised a call and never heard from them.

I want some money back at this point , I sent Andrew a PM with my contact info.

Jack Knight1979

I believe I read in your other thread that you can't cut outside of five feet. Are all cuts okay inside of five feet?

Rolands cut area is five feet for solid print/cut accuracy. I try to keep all my print cuts inside of 5'. If I can I'll break the job into two separate files to keep accuracy. I have went as long as 8-10 feet successfully, but try to avoid it.

Mosh

12 mil laminate? I have never got real close registration longer than 5'-6' feet. I make sure the design has enough play in it
so if and when it gets off you will not notice. Small decals with tight reg, just cut a few at a time so you don't run 5' out.

Jack Knight1979

Exactly! I feel like he's running 12ft jobs and that's what the problem is.

Quote from the other thread. "Anything over 5 feet for me goes in the trash , anythnig less is fine."