• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland gr 640

1leonchen

so i saved up some cash and decided to buy a roland cutter. so i bought the biggest one there is. so i got it to the shop. adeline pumping. unboxed the machine. assembled the stand. put the cutter together. plugged it in.

ok hold up automatic pinch rollers :). loving this buy. test cut nice. three settings test. bonus. wow loving this machine.

now where is the cd? :mad:.

ok moving on instruction say online. ok can't register. ok download driver. won't install. ok windows 10 crap. switch windows 7. driver installed. ok network setting cause i hate usb. won't work. ok find ip settings, change dns, set dress. no luck

now i am mad. for a premier cutter a usb drive engraved cost $10. every computer that is made has u usb drive port. for a premier cutter one blade is garbage. my cheap gcc expert 2 came with 3 blades a weeding tool, cd and excellent customer support. cheap Chinese cutter 3 blades, pen tool software cd. us cutter laser point came with cd software, blades and excellent customer support.

I am no expert called the toll free number and decided to rectify. placed on hold. 4 hours later call cut off. called again on hold. ok decided to use flexi sign cause it has all built in drivers. driver not available yet.

used the older model driver it worked and is running.

now i have respected roland for years. i have used many of their machines. from pnc to original cam 1
i have never had this level of frustration . i think a primer cutter should set it self apart. if i buy a Mercedes Benz i don't expect to be driving a Toyota corolla. even though a corolla is good it will never compare to a Benz.

its a ok cutter but the level is not there. and i have used a lot of cutters. over 25 different models from cheap to the best in the market. i feel like sending it back to roland. i would love some feed back thanks.

timgo

Graphics Designer
so i saved up some cash and decided to buy a roland cutter. so i bought the biggest one there is. so i got it to the shop. adeline pumping. unboxed the machine. assembled the stand. put the cutter together. plugged it in.

ok hold up automatic pinch rollers :). loving this buy. test cut nice. three settings test. bonus. wow loving this machine.

now where is the cd? :mad:.

ok moving on instruction say online. ok can't register. ok download driver. won't install. ok windows 10 crap. switch windows 7. driver installed. ok network setting cause i hate usb. won't work. ok find ip settings, change dns, set dress. no luck

now i am mad. for a premier cutter a usb drive engraved cost $10. every computer that is made has u usb drive port. for a premier cutter one blade is garbage. my cheap gcc expert 2 came with 3 blades a weeding tool, cd and excellent customer support. cheap Chinese cutter 3 blades, pen tool software cd. us cutter laser point came with cd software, blades and excellent customer support.

I am no expert called the toll free number and decided to rectify. placed on hold. 4 hours later call cut off. called again on hold. ok decided to use flexi sign cause it has all built in drivers. driver not available yet.

used the older model driver it worked and is running.

now i have respected roland for years. i have used many of their machines. from pnc to original cam 1
i have never had this level of frustration . i think a primer cutter should set it self apart. if i buy a Mercedes Benz i don't expect to be driving a Toyota corolla. even though a corolla is good it will never compare to a Benz.

its a ok cutter but the level is not there. and i have used a lot of cutters. over 25 different models from cheap to the best in the market. i feel like sending it back to roland. i would love some feed back thanks.
Everything you need is SignLab 10.
Try the Trial Version
https://updater.cadlink.com/CommercialReleases/trial/SL10Trial.exe

Tizz

I'd too be disappointed. Would most likely send it back for a refund and buy a summa.

CanuckSigns

The Roland is priced like a premium cutter, but I think that is where the similarities end. Summa is considered the cream of the crop as far as vinyl cutters go, with graphtec coming in second.

We have a 54" graphtec cutter and couldn't be happier, cuts are bang on, it's fast and very easy to use.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The Roland is priced like a premium cutter, but I think that is where the similarities end. Summa is considered the cream of the crop as far as vinyl cutters go, with graphtec coming in second.

We have a 54" graphtec cutter and couldn't be happier, cuts are bang on, it's fast and very easy to use.

I would add the Mimaki CGFX2 series to this list as they are work horses. The Summas are definitely top of the line though.