• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland GX-24 Rought Grinding Noise

wroom

I just bought an 8-year old GX-24. It works fine after I've replaced the blade, blade holder and the cutting strip. I also took in all a apart and cleaned it as well as lubed all the gears, pinch rollers and both bearings. The issue I'm having is with the plotter making a grinding/squealing noise while it is feeding the material at a low speed only. The noise occurs even with the pinch rollers up but it does get louder when the rollers are down pressing against the feeding shaft. I've checked and oiled both bearings on the sides of the shaft and have taken out the 2 little plastic rollers in the middle under the shaft and the noise was still there so it's not the little plastic rollers. I'm wondering in any one of you had this issue and was able to resolve it. I've found a video on youtube where a person has exactly the same issue. Here it is Video Of GX-24 Making Noise

Customprinted

I got the same sound coming out if my PNC-1210. Its a very old machine but still works really good, I would however like to get rid of those nasty sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnabrok

gear meshing on the feed motor? i doubt the motor, they screech when they are getting faily, i doubt the board, that makes the motors rattle REALLY loud.
maybe part of the platen is rubbing against a grit roller? sounds plasticy....

wroom

Although, you are right, the sound is kind of plasticy, I was also thinking it might be the gear meshing on the feed motor. I tried to take the feed servo motor a part but it's not as easy as I thought and once you remove the screws is trill stays together and I don't want to force open it and loose gears and not be able to put it back together. I've taken the grid roller out and found 2 white plastic rollers in the middle that, I think support the roller from bowing. I removed them and reinstalled the grid roller. Ran the cutter and the noise is still there with pinch rollers up and down. Any other ideas?