• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

*Roland GX24 question*

yamaha581

I make motocross graphics and I was looking at getting a roland GX24. I saw on the uscutter website it says that it can cut through laminate which is what I will need to do. I will need to be able to cut through atleast 18mil material. I was reading and it says that it only has 250 grams of downforce. Has anyone used this machine to cut through material as thick as 18 mil?
Thank you

CS-SignSupply

You will probably need to run a 2-pass cut, which on this thick of media may get off alignment slightly.

Are you currently printing to a material? The SP-300i will print and cut, but will still require 2-pass cut more than likely.

The Pro Series cutter would get you up to 350 grams of force and should cut it... using a 60 degree blade with overcut function.

yamaha581

I wasnt really looking to get a whole new printer for this. We use an HP Latex printer and then we have to laminate and then use the registration marks to cut out the graphics.

I just looked at the Graphtec FC series and it looks like a really good cutter. I also had someone tell us about the roland gx24 as well. I just was hoping to be able to get it all in 1 cut because like it was said I dont want it to be off the 2nd time.