• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND HiFi Jet FJ-50 print head DX2 not firing correctly TEST PATTERN NOT RIGHT

zooms

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone knows much about the HiFi jets, and the DX2 print head. I am having trouble with the nozzle check pattern not printing correctly. It has the same pattern of nozzles missing in the CYAN section. I have removed the head, and ran solvent through it, and the curtain of solvent is perfect. No damaged nozzles. but when I install the head back in, the section is still missing. I have changed out the data head cable, and checked most obvious things (pump works, capping station seals properly etc). I was wondering could this be a damaged section of the PCB on the head itself? Or does anyone know what may cause this issue, and if there is a way I can get it back to normal? Nothing happened when this started, I was printing perfectly, then the head test showed this and after hours of working on it I can't get it back. I dont really want to replace a head....they are crazy expensive now! Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers,
Nicole.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check for ink flow issues first. If there in k in the Cyan ink line and damper? If not, I would replace the damper and o-ring. If there in no air in the ink line, check the manifold next. The manifold is the black plastic that the damper sits on top of the head. If the nipple is broken then that would cause this issue. Unfortunately I have not been able to find a manifold to replace the ones on these heads so if it is broken, you might only be able to fix it with a new head.

If the ink flow is good and you were able to flush the head without any issues, you might have a bad transistor on the main/head board. It's pretty rare that a head goes bad in one channel without it being an ink flow issue but it does happen.

zooms

thanks for your response. There is no K in the cyan, so I will have a look at the damper. (It looks fine, and has ink in it, so I will replace it anyway, and see if that helps.) As for the manifold, fingers crossed it isnt anything like that, or the head board...I will have another play and see what happens. I dont know if this changes anything, but I swapped the head cables at the top only (so they crossed over) and the missing nozzles were still in the cyan...not sure if that tells me anything, except for not an issue on the main board? I have another head that was damaged, am I able to remove and replace the manifold? I get scared playing with the heads because they are so expensive to replace now. Thanks for your help!