• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland LEJ 640 Service Manual?

JKLau

Hi all,

Our magenta print heads seem to have dropped completely out and aren't firing. There are maybe 10 lines seen and the rest are completely not putting ink down. I ran the printer through normal, medium, and power cleaning and still no ink. Also did a manual cleaning and still no luck.

Any possible suggestions on where I should check? Also if anyone has a service manual could I get a copy?
josiah.lau@lihuadirect.com

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo Oct 19, 10 37 12.jpg
    Photo Oct 19, 10 37 12.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 411

papabud

Lone Wolf
looks like all your colors are having problems. if you been cleaning them all. i would suggest just getting a new head.
make sure your capping station is in good clean working order.
if you can remove your head, you could soak it in cleaning solution over night and see if that might help fix it. but i have never had any luck with that.

JKLau

Thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah, there are definitely problems with them. I've been trying to get my hands on a service manual to see if I can just switch those heads out myself or check the lines, but no luck. Not trying to go in there blind.

Joe House

Have you replaced the captops and wipers yet? They're a lot cheaper and easier to replace than a print head and should be done before you even think about replacing a print head