• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland motor error on my screen

Hi guys anybody know where I can order Roland parts for my machine. I am getting a scan motor error code 0010. I believe I will need to replace motor

anyone know where we can order parts. I have a 54 inch Roland Xc-540

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Before changing the motor, try the following. First, turn off the printer on the front. Put the printer in the cleaning mode by holding the cleaning button down and turn on the power. Once the print head has moved to the other end of the printer you should be able to move it freely by hand. Clean the guide rails with alcohol, separate the head and cutter carriages, remove any buildup from the sides of the bearing blocks, and lightly lubricate the guide rails with a swab and 3in1 oil. You can reattach the 2 carriages at this point. Move the carriage back and forth the width of the printer by hand 8-10 times. Move it back the the left side of the printer and press the button on the printer to finish the maintenance step. After it turns off, power back up and see if your issue is gone. Please post your results...

netsol

cubiche,

i tend to think the original motor is worth the money, since you ruin a job every ime you throw that error.( i am not lucky emough to throw an error, BEFORE it starts printing

one of the guys wanted a new toy to play with, he bought a wood lathe from harbor freight

the motor is so underpowered he can stop it by squeezing the shaft between his fingers.

i am converting it to using a real motor, mounted to the table ( like the motor on my juki sewing machine.). i have not been thrilled with the quality of some of the things we bought from amazon lately