• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question roland pc-600 wont load a casette!

dtsowosso

Thanks to many of you in my earlier thread, I got this roland pc-600 up and running.

I was getting wierd lines on my prints, and in trying to resolve them modifying the line pitch settings, reprinting a small sticker each time and lining them up.. well, I got close to making progress when all of a sudden *BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

So, I reset the printer and tried another print. All of a sudden, the carriage will not collect a casette. It tries, then errors, flashing all LEDs at me.

I've tried moving casettes around. I double checked bar codes. I even tried switching the driver setting from CMYK to YMCK, but I get the same issue regardless of which casette it tries to grab.

Is there anything I can try?

EDIT:
I've made a small video showing that it gives the same behavior for any combination of colors.

Last edited:

dtsowosso

Okay. I found the solution.

Step one is to try and clean the reflective panel. If that doesn't work, I found these steps on another forum:

https://www.uksignboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=32849&highlight=

1. Open the front cover.
2. Turn on the main power.
3. Turn on the Sub Power SW while pressing the [Head Cleaning] and [Base Point] Key to enter the Factory Mode.
4. Make the [Holder 6] LED to Blink by pressing the [>] key 7 times.
Press the [Head Cleaning] key.
5. Press the [Sheet Cut] key to enter the Cartridge Position Adjustment Mode. (Both the [Data Clear] and [Align Point] LEDs light up.
6. Close the Front Cover. Head Carriage moves and stops at Cartridge Holder 4.
7. Adjust the position of the Thermal Carriage with [<and>] keys so that the White Gear on the Thermal Carriage comes at the center of the Cartridge Holder 4.
8. Press the [Head Cleaning] key to save the settings. [Data Clear] and [Align Point] LEDs light up when it is saved.
9. Open the Front Cover and press the [Sheet Cut] key to end the Cartridge Position Adjustment Mode. Thermal Carriage moves to the Cartridge holder 2 and the [Data Clear] and the [Sub Power] LEDs light up.
10. Put the Ribbon Cartridge ONLY on the Cartridge Holder 1.
11. Close the Front Cover while pressing the [Cut Test] Key. [Data Clear] and [Busy] LEDs start blinking.

Thermal Carriage starts the Exchange Test with the following patterns.
NO Exchange Position Base point LED Setup LED
1 Adjusts Position
2 Shifted 8 steps to the left ON
3 Shifted 8 steps to the right ON

When the Cartridge Exchange Test is performed correctly in all the above 3 patterns, open the Front Cove and finish the Cartridge Position Adjustment Mode.

If the cartridge exchange test isn't performed correctly on all 3 of the above, start over.

woolly

yes if the door gets knocked while its open can put it out of alignment and that procedure will correct it.
i did notice that the cart with the red spools cyan i think is misaligned centers so wont load,
all so check..are you sure the ribbon is threaded over the guide rollers correctly seam to remember mine slightly different. thought it had to go over the top of the rollers creating a straight path across the top. but that wont stop it loading.