• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PC 600

blackicefx

I was recently offered a Roland PC600 for $2k. The machine is several years old but is currently in use as a second printer/cutter. Now, I've been trying to location information for this machine but have several questions. This is a ribbon printer, so from what I understand, I can print on various substrates instead of simply vinyl? Is there a distance cap on it's printing ability like on the smaller stikas? How similar is the print/contour cut on this machine to a SP-300v?

Thanks,
Matthew

thmooch

I have one I use as a back up cutter. I would remove one of the zeros from the asking price. You can get a good pre-owned solvent printer in the 2k range.

severely overpriced..i have seen them as low as $150-350 in working condition. not sure what you mean by printing on other materials there is a heat transfer material and there was a few papers for the wax ribbons but that is about the only non vinyl material i know of..you can not run a rigid substrate through there if that is what you are thinking.

large printed items are notoriously banded and the price per square foot is astronomical compared to other printing methods.