• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland PNC 1860 Carriage head / Solenoid

Moishe

I have had problems cutting any thing thicker than vinyl even simple card, I tried slowest speed and highest pressure and still makes no difference.I am using a new blade so that should also not be the problem.There is up and down movement of the knife but not strong enough. To confuse things even more I replaced the spring back-up and now it will not cut vinyl either, it seems there is not enough down power to over come the spring, which would mean the solenoid would needs replacing, the question is where to find one?
Can any one help please?

Moishe

I have found a supplier in Belgium but they want €437.50 plus vat and postage. I was told by my local Maplin dealer that if I know the right thickness and length of the solenoid wire I can just rewire it myself that should be for under a tenner but I recently have been advised that it may be the solenoid driver which is the IC MTD 2005. I have tested the voltage out-put and does not seem to change even when pressure settings where changed which indicates the driver being at fault.