• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland print and cut alignment

Kah Hou

Hi, any ideas of Roland print and cut alignment off inconsistently ? Like left side off to right, and right off to left. No way to adjust it..

Creek Bank

I have had this issue a few times and it has always been a build up of adhesive or something stuck on the feed roller. Clean carefully.

E Coloney

I agree with Creek Bank: first check pressure rollers for some form of failure/weakness/contamination. Report back with results.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
This is a scan alignment issue. The pinch rollers and grit rollers only control the feed or front to back alignment. I would suggest the following steps, in the given order.

Initialize the Limit
Aging - Feed, Scan and Cutting
Linear Encoder
Crop-Cut Alignment
Print-Cut Alignment

This will re-calibrate the movement system of the printer. You did not specify the model. On some models there is an adjustment in the user menu called Environmental Match. This is something that should be done when there are environmental changes, humidity, temperature, etc. This compensates from micro changes in the length of the encoder strip, which is a piece of film and is impacted environmental changes. This is why encoder strips are always attached with a spring on the left end.

Let us know the results...

Jim Hill

Jim Hancock:

Just reading your reply and comments can make all Roland users smarter!
I thank you for sharing your knowledge on how to fix many of the problems users see all the time.

Jim Hill

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
pay attention to your rollers! Raise the rollers with the arm and check if the rubber coating on the rollers are loose. Happened to me a few times in the past decade and when it first happened 10 years ago even roland techs didn't know what caused my issue. They asked me to do calibrations and all but it was one of the non removable rollers. AND WATCH OUT! If you order new roller the two on the outside is different than the removable ones. They are tapered and also pay attention when you install them.