• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Print/Cut and Signlab

siklidkid

Not sure where to start or where to post this but since this is my first post, I'll try to make it quick.

My Pop and I are purchasing a Roland SP300 and I am wondering which version of Signlab will suit our needs best. This is our first printer/cutter.

He is proficient in SL ES2 for cutting only. I want to upgrade but only to what is necessary. We want to run both the ES2 AND a newer version of SL. the reason for running both is simply because I cant be at the shop all the time so he needs to be able to default to the software he's use to (SL ES2) if he gets into a jam and I am not there to help as I currently have a full time job and am moving back into signs slowly.

So is Signlab 8.0 sufficient with Versaworks RIPPING, or can SL 8 RIP too? Is Signlab Print and Cut worth looking into?

stevesign

Hi !

I have used SignLab, Flexi, and a number of others cut / rip packages over the years.

I would not recommend either to run your Roland SP300.

You would be best to run the machine using a true rip, rather than a Sign package such as Signlab.

Versaworks or Colorip would do the job i believe, also Wasatch rip should drive your printer.

Steve