• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Printer Wiper/Scraper Tip...

player

If you have a Roland printer that has the wipers and hidden behind them a scraper, get a replacement scraper, or clean the one you have.

Also the metal covering in front of the wipers can collect tar ink under the cover. Clean this off as well.

I had my magenta head suddenly get about 5 clogs for no reason. I replaced the wipers. Then I removed, cleaned and re-installed the scraper. The scraper was covered with that almost dried ink tar. But I was most surprised when the metal cover had 2 big wads of the dried ink underneath the cover.

Today the clogs (deflections) are almost all gone after cleaning everything, new wipers, and a good head soak.

This is something I don't remember the techs ever telling me to do, and it is like a ticking time bomb.

Last edited:

Joe House

If you have a Roland printer that has the wipers and hidden behind them a scraper, get a replacement scraper, or clean the one you have.

Also the metal covering in front of the wipers can collect tar ink under the cover. Clean this off as well.

I had my magenta head suddenly get about 5 clogs for no reason. I replaced the wipers. Then I removed, cleaned and re-installed the scraper. The scraper was covered with that almost dried ink tar. But I was most surprised when the metal cover had 2 big wads of the dried ink underneath the cover.

Today the clogs (deflections) are almost all gone after cleaning everything, new wipers, and a good head soak.

This is something I don't remember the techs ever telling me to do, and it is like a ticking time bomb.

Great point player. Also, you should be reaching under and cleaning the wiper scraper with a wet swab when you do your weekly maintenance cleaning. This should be enough to keep it from building up, but you should also do a close inspection when you replace the wipers every 6 months or so.

Good Luck!

Joe

player

Great point player. Also, you should be reaching under and cleaning the wiper scraper with a wet swab when you do your weekly maintenance cleaning. This should be enough to keep it from building up, but you should also do a close inspection when you replace the wipers every 6 months or so.

Good Luck!

Joe
If you decide to remove your scraper I would take some photos first. They are a little tricky to install.