• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Printer Won't Turn On

Charlie J

My machine is a Roland RS-640 Versa Art. Purchased in 2009. It has worked like a champ since I purchased it, and it has never needed serviced.

Yesterday, I was in the middle of a long print run, and my printer suddenly shut off. I tried to turn it back on and it was completely dead. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and was able to get it to fire up.

I re-sent the print job that I was working on. The printer made one pass and then shut off again. I repeated unplugging, and plugging back in and got nothing. It wouldn't turn back on at all. After about an hour of waiting, I plugged it in and got it to fire up. I sent a different job and it made two passes back and forth and then shut off once again.

I have been unable to get it to fire up at all today. It is getting power to the Network plug...and the LED above the print head is lit up green. So I'm not sure what is going on.

I have a technician coming to look at it Thursday. They believe that it is a motherboard.

Charlie J

Technician made it in yesterday. He replaced the motherboard, control panel, as well as the cap tops. Took about 3.5 hrs all together.

Total repair cost was about $3150 including parts, labor, and travel time.

I'm glad to be up and running. I pulled the trigger on a new machine while waiting for this one to get fixed. Can't wait for it to come in.