• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland prints ghosts

Cindy dup

20180517_162417.jpg 20180517_162417.jpg 20180517_162406.jpg Hi all. We are all stumped and our production is falling severely behind.

Last Friday my Windows 10 pc (who has never had any issues) suddenly decised to kill itself doing an update. So they send that one away for formatting. The designer next to me should really be running the Roland Vs-300i as I have too much artwork to do. His pc needs another network card and they put that in, but the Roland install Cd is MIA. So we get a new 5.5 version from the techie, but as it installs we get a pop-up error about something (turns out it was anti piracy thingy), but you say ok and the install finishes. Then I try to print on our usual print profile and it is HORRENDOUS. See attached. I try everything I can think of and the Techie is stumped. He says it's a Windows issue and doesn't have a clue.

My pc got back and I found an old version of Versaworks 4.2 on there and install this, but my version printer isn't available, but I figure I can update and it might work. Nope. I got the machine verified and it did change the name to the correct model, but I don't have any print profiles at all. Generic vinyl 1 nope etc, etc this still doesn't consern me as much asI i dont want to run the Roland anymore.

Do any of you recognise this type of noise? Is it the network cable, the Roland, Windows or gremlins? Any suggestions on what else to try?

TIA

Attachments

• 20180517_162359.jpg
    20180517_162359.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 227

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Which direction is the print head moving in your examples? I have a feeling the same thing that fired your computer might have fired the main board on the printer such as a power surge etc. The pattern you are seeing is most likely an electrical malfunction and not so much the profile or computer issue from what I can see.

Cindy dup

Hi, thanx for the help.The lines follow the direction the logo lies. Ie i can print one portrait and the lines follows that then next to it landscape and it follows that. Also, this happens on all settings bar Vynil 1, which we are now using to print barcodes. But anything full colour is horrendous and we also have loads of re-orders to do were the print quality difference would be very obvious. The techie also checked our Roland and it was fine.

I feel like asking the boss to get and old Windows 7 pc and keeping it solely for Roland.

I am stumped