• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Pro XC-540 Can get out of menu option: "Select Ink Type"

susiestrickline

Hello and Good Morning!
I have a Roland Pro III XC-540....

anyways- I'm just trying to get OUT of the blooming menu. It is saying:
"SELECT INK TYPE"
"E-SOL MAX LcLm"

It does give me an option to go to:
"E-SOL MAX CMYKMC"

But I just want to be out of this menu- I've tried the service code arrow medley- but it won't budge.
I've tried unplugging for a while... pressing every other button over and over again...
ughhhhh.... I'm almost to the point of stabbing myself in the eye!

Suggestions?

JulieS

Sounds like what I experienced last year. I was trying different things on my own to get a printhead to work and somehow started this MAJOR cleaning process that uses a ton of ink. I can't remember what it was called in the menu or what exactly it did. But I remember there was no way to back out of it. Had to SELECT INK TYPE and let it go through the process.

GTSTech_1

Not sure why, but your printer has been reset. True there is no way around the ink setup process, but you can disconnect the captop tubes from the pumps. This will save the ink in the lines. Good luck.

Just my .02