• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RF-640 Cyan Issue

tcalz06

I have a roland RF-640 and it is having issues with blues. When it prints a solid blue at the start of the print it prints a few yellow green like strips then prints the desired blue that we want.

Anyone have any idea why? I have cleaned it multiple times. Could it be the dampers?
Pictures attached of blue print and test print. The test print has some yellow in the cyan.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 215
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Have you had any head crashes? This looks like internal leakage between the yellow and the cyan channels in the head.

tcalz06

Not that I know of. I am not the only person that runs the machine. Is there anyway to recover from that? I just had the head replaced in 2019 after 4 years of use. Could it be anything else?

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
If it's a damaged head, then it's not repairable. However, if it clears up after a short amount of printing, you can create a small file to print to clear the cross contamination and then print your jobs. This will buy you some time.

tcalz06

I don't see any damage on the print head no scratches. Is there something I should be looking for other then that?

tcalz06

How is the cap looking? When is it replaced? Wiper, scraper as well..

The cap looks okay, I ordered the cap top because we have not replaced it sense we have had the printer, so I will replace it when it gets in. I replace the wiper monthly, scrap has been replaced this last year.

I thought it was the dampers getting clogged, not letting the cyan ink through. So that's why the blue print comes out yellow green first then prints blue.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Is the yellow in the cyan always in the same place when it shows up?
It would be good to find out if any other operators had a head crash and if this coincided with this ink issue. The damage that is caused by a head crash doesn't always show as physical damage.
You can replace the cap top to eliminate it, as it's the most inexpensive thing to do.