• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RF640 Blulk Ink System

thebirddog

eeeyyooo :)
Hello all :) we recentlly got "Bulk Ink" systems installed ontop of our 2 Roland RF640 Printers but last few days 1 of them has been droping out on the cyan ink without any error messages or warning from flashing lights etc.

Done the usual head clean and it was ok but them another head clean showed the drop out again? there has been no recent head stricks etc, and we dont think there is air in the tubes.

Its not nice to come into work the next day and find out 40 meters of print has changed colour half way through a print session :(

Has anyone heard of this? is it a common problem with these Bulk Ink systems? we never had any trouble what so ever with the original Roland ink cartridges BUT the boss wants to save money as they are cheaper (Image attached of actuall Machine and system used)

Any help and suggestions would be great - thanks.

Attachments

• 93245572_1724725771010008_1416637075016384512_n.jpg
    93245572_1724725771010008_1416637075016384512_n.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 321

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That type of bulk system is great except it's one weakness is if any air gets into the mid cartridge, it throws the pressure off. My guess would be it wasn't completely air purged during the install.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
We had this problem with the first bulk system we ran on our mimaki. Couldn’t trust the magenta at all. One minute it’d be printing fine then the next a full channel drops out.

We solved it by switching to the system you have shown - haven’t had any drop outs in over a year so I’d guess the problem is likely as solventinkjet suggested.