• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland RS-640 Strange Jpeg Print

arsovshuma

Hi,
My Roland RS-640 is printing strangely when file is containing a jpeg file in, even is tiff or pdf file that is printed. On the other plotter Roland VP-540 I don't have that problem, printed on the same profile. I cannot explane the problem so I've attached a photo. It's look like there is too much ink on contours of jpeg photos.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSC_0851-1.jpg
    DSC_0851-1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_0849-1.jpg
    DSC_0849-1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 186

Filmpro

The images show an high flow of the inks indicating that you are depositing too much ink for the printer to dry. This can either be the fact that you are using one profile on 2 different printers (probably a VP 540 profile) or the heater of your RS 640 is not functioning well. Try to find yourself a proper profile for the RS 640 and check if the media temperature is similar to your temperature readings. Sometimes Roland heaters show temperature differences of 10°C.

arsovshuma

Thanks for the reply J Hill Designs and Filmpro.
As you can see on the second photo "watercolor" is only appearing on the photo of the pate with bread and not on the text above the photo.
This is very strange and I'm reaping my head off to find the solution :help.

Filmpro

sorry for the late reply, this one slipped my attention. Thereason you see the water color in the pate but not in the text is that in those areas where you see it happening the amount of ink is much higher in the reddish/brown color (you will have serious levels of CMY here) than in the red (mainly MY). Since you are using a 540-profile on a 640 Printer and the problem only showing up on the latter one I suggest you should find yourself a proper ICC-profile for the 640. This should solve the problem.