• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sc-500 Icc profiles

jsri

Hey Guys, Im new to the forum but figured someone may be able to shed some light on a subject. I just purchased an SC500 that is converted to eco-sol. I am running Flexi 8.1 and also have the color choice that the seller provided. My problem is the typical printer printes but the colors are not correct so Im assuming I need to set the profiles. Just not sure what profiles to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jsri

Hey Bobby,
The ink Im using third party ink from solvent ink online. ( the bottle says clink) i was thinking of grabbing oenm ink though. Material I am using primarily Arlon dpf4560 calendered for basic and Arlon dpf6000xrp cast for wraps etc. as well as the arlon dpf 313 banner material. The local supply house recommended that over oracal which I have access to throuh an out of state vendor. The profile I have had the most luck with is from arlons website.... ARLON DPF4560GT ROLAND PROII_V SC545EX 2xCMYK EcoSol MAX Flexi 8_0 I am running that through flexi and have gotten some adjustment but notice that blue green comes through on certain things like the reflection on a persons forehead in an image that ive printed and on an orange motorcycle one spot comes out lime green.

jsri

Heres are some pictures of the two prints I mentioned I zoomed in on her forehead since shes in lingerie didnt want to be a distraction haha (or offensive). and if you notice the right hand side of the windshield on the bike should be orange not lime green. Maybe that will help more. Thanks again

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 134
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 121

CS-SignSupply

Profile: PROII_V SC545EX 2xCMYK EcoSol MAX....

You stated that you have the SC-500, not the SC545EX.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

Try using the ESM-GCVP Profile in Flexi 8 for the SC-500.... make sure your setup is for the SC-500 and not the SC545

BPI Color

Just checked your public profile. You don't have a RIP listed. Since your new machine has a different set of inks from it's initial launch I'd say you need new media profiles. ICCs are often used as Output profiles by a RIP to simulate the appearance of a printed piece on another device (say a 4-colored standard web operated press - SWOPv2). What you need is an input profile specific to each media you're running on that Roland.

Perhaps, you know someone running similar materials on an identical rebuilt Roland. I'd contact them for help. If they're running the same RIP as you are, they might have Input profiles you can use.

CS-SignSupply

The SC-500 is a 6 color machine and the profile being used is for a 2xCMYK.... the 2x does not mean LC and LM. 2x = CMYKCMYK. Using a profile for 1 model of machine on a completely different unit will not work.

jsri

Hey guys,
Boddy I tried ESM glossycalendaredvinyladhesive and also ESM premglosscastvinyl profiles they both seemed very similar to the first profile I listed. Dont know if that helps any. I understand what your saying about the x2 of the 545. That makes sense. I knew it meant two sets of cartridges just didnt realize that machine didnt have the lc lm. But either way the two new ones I tried didnt change it. I also tried a slew of others I saw in the list some changed output darkness and shading but none solved the greenish blue issue.

CS-SignSupply

have you checked the rendering intents to see what they are set to? Can you check and post here?

Has the ink supplier been any help?

jsri

Hey BPI, thanks for the input, I have tried changing the input profile in flexi. which inturn changes it in the production manager as well. To answer your question I am using flexi 8.1's production manager for the rip. I installed color choice but had worse results with that.

jsri

The rendering intents are :

cmyk other
bitmap perceptual perceptual
vector relative relative
text relative relative
gradient relative relative

Ink manufacturer was researching but hadnt gotten back to me yet. I called roland directly and they just said it was trial and error basically.

jsri

on a side note I tried messing with the rendering intents a little but that is what they were set at as default and currently what I have them set at as well.

jsri

sorry it posted the relavent intents weird bitmap is set to perceptual for both cmyk and other. Vector,text and gradient are all set to relative for both cmyk and other if that makes more sense.

BPI Color

I'm not familiar with Flexi. I can only relate this to other RIPs I have worked with. Perhaps you need to adopt a CMYK neutral strategy for your RIP. Simply put, you use the settings that compress your image to your machine/media space and skip/disable or set to No ICC Selected (SWOPv2, Gracol 6, G7, etc...) for the ICC output selection of your RIP. In Onyx, you can navigate to your printer/media profile and use that for the output icc. I do this when I get agency work where everything has been confined to SWOPv2. It's especially helpful with PDFx1/a's.
Hope this was of some help.

jsri

Bpi, I tried shutting off the color correction which I'm guessing bypasses the ICc profiles since it blacks that field out. That actually kept the same issue but dulled the whole image down. Also I am now figuring out it seems to be affecting primarily Jpeg or bitmaps. I can print a file that I have created in flexi. It's a little dark but the right colors. also had a customer send a omg which again printed ok just dark. So from what I see it's just files I pull off the Internet.

BPI Color

Bpi, I tried shutting off the color correction which I'm guessing bypasses the ICc profiles since it blacks that field out. That actually kept the same issue but dulled the whole image down. Also I am now figuring out it seems to be affecting primarily Jpeg or bitmaps. I can print a file that I have created in flexi. It's a little dark but the right colors. also had a customer send a omg which again printed ok just dark. So from what I see it's just files I pull off the Internet.

Jpegs, huh? I'm going to take a wild guess that your jpegs are in the native sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile. That profile is not always valid when you're dealing with photos from certain digital cameras. Convert to Adobe RGB (1998) and save as a tiff. You could also try converting to a CMYK space and saving as an eps.
I hate jpegs.

Correct Color

A few years back I saw a very similar issue, also on a Roland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPqFNVSzKME

Just as an aside....

I'm going to take a wild guess that your jpegs are in the native sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile. That profile is not always valid when you're dealing with photos from certain digital cameras. Convert to Adobe RGB (1998) and save as a tiff. You could also try converting to a CMYK space and saving as an eps.

...this actually isn't going to do you any good. A digital image is always in some color space. The idea is to determine the space, move to your working space if necessary, get to your destination color space, and not corrupt the color information in the doing.

Converting from one color space to another assumes that the space an image was in is correct, and alters the color numbers in a file from that originating space to the new one while keeping the color appearance intact.

So what you'd be doing in this instance--if the issue was caused by an assumption or assign of an incorrect color space--is not only to transfer the problem into another color space, but also remove any possibility of ever getting it out by attempting to use the file to determine the actual originating space.