• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC 545 - Colorgate PS7 - Won't cut from spot colors??

rory_thomas

Hi everyone,

New to this site looking for a bit of help.

I have a Roland SC 545-EX Printer, I'm using Colorgate PS7 Software.

It's printing fine and will cut from job frame no problem.

What I'm trying to do is get it to cut from spot colors so I can get it to cut to the shape its after printing.

The "Extract cut path from spot colors" box is light gray so I can't click on it, I have spot colors on my file and can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

I'd be so grateful if someone can shed some light on this for me!

Thanks in advance :)

dbeere

i have had these issues with versaworks and spot color cut path. first of all on versa works your spot color needs to be 100% magenta and must be named CutContour exactly like that, some say your path needs to be .25 pt and some say it needs to be 1 pt. i can usually get it to work both ways but when i have the same issue you're having with the solid grey line instead of the marching ants i usually mess around with pt size and always make sure CutContour is spelled correctly and is 100% magenta

dbeere

i have had these issues with versaworks and spot color cut path. first of all on versa works your spot color needs to be 100% magenta and must be named CutContour exactly like that, some say your path needs to be .25 pt and some say it needs to be 1 pt. i can usually get it to work both ways but when i have the same issue you're having with the solid grey line instead of the marching ants i usually mess around with pt size and always make sure CutContour is spelled correctly and is 100% magenta

this is on a roland sp versacamm so it may differ

Msrae

Rae
I had that issue once or twice as well, but if I recall (it has been a bit) I was able to fix the issue by bringing the CutContour to the front/top layer and saving the file. Like was already mentioned, make sure the spot color is labeled CutContour. I'm not sure if that will help but it might be worth a try.

dbeere

I had that issue once or twice as well, but if I recall (it has been a bit) I was able to fix the issue by bringing the CutContour to the front/top layer and saving the file. Like was already mentioned, make sure the spot color is labeled CutContour. I'm not sure if that will help but it might be worth a try.
im glad you mentioned bringing the CutContour path to the front layer, maybe that was an issue i was having in the past. i will definitely keep that in mind next time i use CutContour!
thanks

rory_thomas

Thank you for the reply's guys!

I still cannot get it to contour cut though, I have the spot color 100% magenta, tried both .25 & 1pt for the path, saved file as .eps, .ai and .pdf. have named layer CutContour, not sure what else to do? I must be doing something wrong in preparing the file to cut.

Would someone be able to send me a file that they have set to cut contour so I can see if I'm doing something wrong or if it's my rip software that won't let me cut contour?

It would be much appreciated! My email address is rorythomasosullivan@gmail.com

oksigns

Would someone be able to send me a file that they have set to cut contour so I can see if I'm doing something wrong or if it's my rip software that won't let me cut contour?

It would be much appreciated! My email address is rorythomasosullivan@gmail.com

You need to create a SPOT color, with the specific name "CutContour" and "PerfCutContour"

Please look at these for reference:

Adding Perf Cut - Same applies to contour cut - use ContourCut color and name instead

Cutting Stickers with Versaworks - Pay attention to "Create Cutting Lines"

Example Process! Setting up cutlines for Versaworks by Steven Jackson

Most important of ALL! If your artwork has a lot of layers with transparency effects such as drop shadow, glow, or feather, it will break the detection of spot colors in VW. Why do you care about this? Spot colors define CutContour and PerfCutContour! So you will need to flatten the artwork first and then add your cut lines on top of it.

rory_thomas

You need to create a SPOT color, with the specific name "CutContour" and "PerfCutContour"

Please look at these for reference:

Adding Perf Cut - Same applies to contour cut - use ContourCut color and name instead

Cutting Stickers with Versaworks - Pay attention to "Create Cutting Lines"

Example Process! Setting up cutlines for Versaworks by Steven Jackson

Most important of ALL! If your artwork has a lot of layers with transparency effects such as drop shadow, glow, or feather, it will break the detection of spot colors in VW. Why do you care about this? Spot colors define CutContour and PerfCutContour! So you will need to flatten the artwork first and then add your cut lines on top of it.

Thank you! The problem was with colorgate it wasn't recognizing "CutContour", when I changed the spot colour name to "PerfCutContour" it worked.

Thank you, much appreciated!