• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland sc-545ex media setup error

B13 Signs

I have been dealing with this problem for a few weeks with no solution.
I have replaced the cables and sensors and encoder and sensor. It had all started when one of my heads went bad and blew the fuse on the head board. got that fix and solder in some fuse holders in case it happened again. It did... Replace the fuse and not the setup is kicking back this error "pinchroll error invalid left pos"

I have moved all the rollers, tried plugging and unplugging wire to try and get a different result with no luck. The cutter just moves about 4 inches back and forth and kicks out the error. I havent been able to get it to do anything else?

If anyone can help PLEASE I am in a real Jamm.

Thank you,
Brandon

GTSTech_1

Clean the sensor thats' behind the cut carriage (only use Iso Alcohol). Also clean the metal plate on the outer pinchwheels that the sensor is trying to read. If it still fails, then next thing to replace is the long ribbon cable and the 2 clear guides that run from the servo board to the cut carriage board. Most of the time there will be a dark line running in that cable, that's another give away on a bad cable.

Just My .02

B13 Signs

update...

I tryed cleaning the cut carriage sensor with alcohol as well as the metal plate. With no results...
I order a new ribbon cable with clear guides connected it to the servo board and back to the cut carriage board with No results...
I replaced the cut carriage sensor with a new one, with no results....
I replaced the cut carriage board with a new one, with little improvement* but didn't fix the problem...
(*the little improvement explained below)

I got into the service menu and did a sensor check. found that W=cut carriage sensor has a star that never shuts off. not if i slide the carriage in front of the rollers, Not if I unplug the sensor wire from the carriage board and turn the machine back on and run the check again. Not even if I turn off the machine and unplug the ribbon cable from the servo board....
(*the little improvement was in sensor check i was able to get the S=cut sensor to turn on and off in the sensor check by moving the carriage.)

All had the same results. the sensor check, the W had a star no matter what I do... and I believe that is the problem I just don't know if that is a problem with the servo board or a bigger problem with the machine mother board.

Anyone have some Insight????