• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sc500 new printheads not printing

Lophatcustoms

After picking up a sc500 recently for a deal , (yes I know they are very old and have read most peoples opinions of the machine, but it is what it is, I run a small business from home). The previous owner replaced almost every consumable component except for the print heads, after setting up the machine and getting some crappy results I decided to order some refurbished dx2 print heads, When I dissembled the print heads to reinstall the new ones I noticed the board on print head B had a burn mark and scorched the cable, I think the cable came out of the connector while in motion (see picture) , Now the machine does everything like it should except print ink. I've read through the forum looking at head board,fuses and all other topics most of which never has a result , the person asking the questions disappears, I assume after they fixed the problem and never reported back.

Any Advice on what to trouble shoot next would be great , thanks for reading my post

Attachments

• 20171109_13331211.jpg
    20171109_13331211.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 436

Lophatcustoms

Yes I have personally checked them , sent the board out to be checked at mac media by Kent , and had a local electronics guy check over both of the boards including all resisters and fuses , I just replaced both cables on the print head carriage and checked the connections between the main board and print carriage board, still cant find the reason why it wont print, I have tried combos of one new print head and one of the original , and both new , still nothing..

Lophatcustoms

I sent it out to a supposed "pro" but he kinda screwed me around so I do not have much confidence in his diagnoses , Is checking all the fuses for continuity pretty much the only way to check the fuses ?

C5 Service&Repair

Yes. Set a volt meter to the continuity setting, (beeps when you touch the leads together), and touch both ends of the fuse. Beeps its good, no beep its bad.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The head is fried there is no question about it. The burn mark is from it blowing up. If you are lucky it's just a surface mount component that blew but judging by the picture I think it blew the actual circuit pathway which is not going to be fixed easily if at all.

Lophatcustoms

ok any way to check the pathway ? I checked all fuses I can find marked FL1-FL6 as in the picture. All fuses are ok

Attachments

• 1123.jpg
    1123.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 425

AKwrapguy

So did you see it print before you bought it? Do you know when the last time it was fully functional? Have you checked the lines for any type of air or dried ink in the lines?

Lophatcustoms

It worked when I brought it home , and I had it working for a couple days before it quit. The print head cable worked loose as I had to stand the machine up and it had quite a long drive from the person I bought it from. When I removed the burned print head, the ribbon cable on the damaged head was partially unplugged from the carriage board.

Lophatcustoms

finally found someone who found out it was indeed the circuits on the board , to look at the board it looked mint, I bought a used tested board and the machine is finally spraying ink , not in any kind of pattern it should but at least its a start. just wanted to end this thread as I see so many old unanswered question posts