• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Roland SC500 USB

cdnstudman

Hey guys, I recently acquired an old SC500 for free, then bought refurbished heads, new pump, new ink, did full cleaning, and everything seems ready to go......but, it is not connecting with my computer it seems. I am using windows 10, and using one of those usb converters. The converter works fine for my old roland pnc 1410 and flexi sign, but no luck yet with the sc500. Does anyone have any ideas? I have tried changing through all shown ports, but strangely port 3 (which is the port my pnc connects through) doen't show when I add the sc500 in flexi sign. I'm not sure if this is a windows problem, pc setting problem, or flexi, but probably not flexi as win pc is not working with the sc either. Any help would be really appreciated

FrankW

Port 3 your PNC was connected to, was that Com3? The printer needs Lpt-Connection. Both interface types could have the same connectors on PC-side (25-Pin), but aren‘t compatible. And, be shure to have a parallel port which supports ECP-Mode.

cdnstudman

First I would like to thank anyone for taking the time to read this post for such an old machine, and for any help that be offered. I ordered and received this cable https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01B2E6EGQ/ref=ya_st_dp_summary?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And plug it in to the computer which it makes a connection noise but no new hardware is shown. I have tried and flexi sign to send a cut job through various ports such as USB ltp, etc with no luck. And my production manager it says send Port error I believe or something along those lines. I dread in a post about creating a virtual port but I have no idea to do that and wondered if any of you would know anything about that for Windows 10. I can't seem to find anything in the settings to adjust and make ECP mode. I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier but I am trying to connect to an Asus gaming laptop that does not have any ports other than USB, I'm trying to use the USB converter to get around the lack of a physical parallel port on the computer.

netsol

you are talkimg about a usb-parallel connector? usb at the pc & parallel(25. pin) on the roland

if this is the case, pvlub the usb into adifferent usb port on the computer.
computer will then see a different device and allow you to instal windows printer support and see a different printer (hybrid device) that the roland software or flexi or whatever will let you setup

if it were e, i would spend $50 and buy a parallel print server & add it to your network, bu that is a different discussion. much better and resilient in the long run, but, lets get you printing today