• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC540 Greys Printing Pink Shade

McDonald Signs

McDonald Signs & Graphics
I have a Roland SC540 Print&Cut and am having a problem with it printing greys with a really noticable shade of pink hues to all of my greys. I bought the printer new in 2004 and it has always had a very "slight" green tint to my prints, it has printed acceptable greys for years, but this pink tint to my grey colors is very noticable and started about a month ago. My print test showed my black print head needed replacing so I had a
printer technician replace my black print head, he replaced all of the capping stations and he cleaned my encoder strip and did all necessary alignments/cleanings. After doing this the printer shows all of my nozzles firing correctly and spraying the correct colors, it cuts correctly too, everything seems to be right with the printer. But even after the service call, the printer did the same thing printing greys in a shade of pink. Roland Tech Support told me to go into ColorRip and in Color Transforms to change the ICC Output Profile to none. I did that and it prints a "true grey" but I'm not happy with the results, on bitmaps/photos & most all other colors are darker. The colors I see on my ColorRip screen do not match what I print, with or without the ICC Output Profile. I downloaded fresh profiles & updates from Roland's website and reinstalled the software and it didn't fix it. I design in CorelDrawX3 & Export to ColorRip. I am currently and always have used OEM Roland Max Inks, no third party inks. I have always done a manual cleaning on the printer weekly since I bought the printer. Everything seems to be working correctly except for this one problem of my greys printing a really noticable pink shade. If anyone has run into this problem or knows how to fix it, any advice would be greatly appreciated!