• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SC545ex Help

SE SignSupply

The situation:

Got a used SC545ex back in on trade. Machine was up and running via Wasatch RIP station. Opened the Versaworks RIP (installed on the same machine) and updated. Now I got back to print something and the colors are wrong. Cancel the print, do a nozzle check and find the Magenta and Cyan heads not firing.

Black Yellow, LC and LM look great. Any ideas what might be going on? Think the problem is RIP related or just a freek problem that happned at the same time as the update?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ryan

SE SignSupply

Looks to be a blown head fuse.

Those that have replaced a head fuse, what was the cuase? Bad print head, static, cable or otherwise...?

Dave L.

Usually a blown head fuse is because of a short on the print head itself. If it is a short, it will happen again

SE SignSupply

Head fuse fixed, now we are missing half of a print head on the same fuse? Any guesses as to what might be going on? Maybe a bad head board?

Ryan

SE SignSupply

Swapped the dampers, changed the print head...still missing the same side of the head. I'm pretty sure there is ink in the head, it's just not firing.

Again...check/replace your caps, they may look good but may not be sealing to the head(s). Then, do a medium clean, or use a syringe to pull ink thru the head..this should do the trick for you.

SE SignSupply

For anyone reading this, the problem was a bad head board. Swapped a new one in and we are up and running.

Anyone have a service manual for an SC 545EX? I need to align the heads!

Thanks,
Ryan

CustomRide

For anyone reading this, the problem was a bad head board. Swapped a new one in and we are up and running.

Anyone have a service manual for an SC 545EX? I need to align the heads!

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks for posting the end result will keep this in mind if we ever have the problem.