• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SG-540 Nozzle check

Hi guys,
i have the oppurtunity to purchase a used SG-540. They are asking 3500. My concern is the nozzle check, is that recoverable?
thanks

Attachments

• 3325533658.jpg
    3325533658.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 334
Thanks for the answer. I am not really sure to get it 1st because of that nozzle check and 2nd because I have heard very bad reviews on the SG series...but the price is very attractive for such a recent machine

Stormyj

Just another guy
Some will say, that's a horrible nozzle check, and it does have some problems, but. What are you going to use the machine for. I print a lot of 4'x8' real estate signs. This print heads would be just fine. As long as what your printing is not smaller detailed stuff, grab it.

Stormyj

Just another guy
Some will say, that's a horrible nozzle check, and it does have some problems, but. What are you going to use the machine for. I print a lot of 4'x8' real estate signs. This print heads would be just fine. As long as what your printing is not smaller detailed stuff, grab it.
And, a new print head is only 500 bucks. Change it.

Well It will be to do bike stickers and covers...so fairly small... but If changing the printhead is easy, I think I am starting to get more and more interested!

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
If you find it for $500, I'm betting it ships from Malaysia or Indonesia, meaning send your money and wait and wait and wait and wait and realize you got ripped off. The cheapest I find the head is for around $770 from Digiprint-Supplies. Also there are 2 variants, depending upon your serial number, and the second variant is over $1000.

Changing the heads on these printers requires a bit of technical expertise.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Possibly. Could be a defective cap top. Or a bad head. My suggestion is to get the S/N of the printer (so you know the printhead cost), research the current market for this model, deduct the cost of a new head, dampers and installation and make them an offer based on that.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
The printer you have requires this print head - p/n 6000004769-1. The -1 is important. Just under $1050 and appears to only available from dealers. The part number without the dash number is for models with an earlier S/N. The double damper is p/n 1000015256 around $65. Captop is 6000004658 and is around $60. You can figure about 2 hours tech time.

Note - these are US prices, don't know about in your country.

The printer you have requires this print head - p/n 6000004769-1. The -1 is important. Just under $1050 and appears to only available from dealers. The part number without the dash number is for models with an earlier S/N. The double damper is p/n 1000015256 around $65. Captop is 6000004658 and is around $60. You can figure about 2 hours tech time.

Note - these are US prices, don't know about in your country.

Awesome Jim, thanks for the research job and for the hints. I will see if they accept a -1000 dollars offer. It seems to me 3'5oo is not a very high price for such a relative new machine.

Dollars and Swiss franc are more or less the same value ;)

Hi there, I am coming back with some news. I got the price down to 2500 Swissfrancs...so around 2'500 Dollars. I am still deciding what to do, because I think it can be a very good deal at that price, specially if a deep printhead clean can fix the issue