• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SG540 not recognizing TR2 conversion

CBilkes

Hey everyone. I'm in the process of switching over to TR2 inks, but I've hit a snag. I downloaded the new firmware and the newest Versaworks 6, but my printer is still showing the old 2.5 firmware and isn't recognizing the new inks. I had been running VW Dual before this on the TR1 inks. Is there a step I'm missing here? I've looked through a few different install guides but they seem to offer conflicting information. Any help is appreciated.

CBilkes

Yeah so I had one of my assistants operating that on her PC. She thought she installed it but apparently didn't lol.

However! The installation guides that I read all skipped the point of making sure the TR1 are still inserted at the time the firmware is sent over to the printer, which will then prompt you from the control panel to change out ink sets. Would have been very helpful to know!

Miguel CABIT

reset your versaworks. I have this problem on my versaworks (6.9), after research I make a reset on my pc: (C:\Program Files\VersaWorks\VersaWorks VersaInit.exe
upload_2021-4-8_7-46-6.png