• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Soljet PROIII Print & Cut XC-540 - VALUE?

MarkH42

We are acquiring a small competitor who has a Roland Soljet PROIII XC-540. I believe it was made in 2008 or 2009 and can confirm this tomorrow. We have other printers that are similar to this one and so we would like to sell it. It appears to be in immaculate condition and his maintenance schedule for it is very impressive. I watched it print yesterday and everything works as it should. I only have experience with Mimakis and HP Latex printers. I'm looking for some guidance on what this machine might sell for. I checked eBay and I see them listed for $9K - 11K. Is this about the range we can expect? I appreciate the help!

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
We have an XC540 of about the same age and was told we could get about 10k for it. I have a hard time believing it tho.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The main problem is that you can get a brand new, modern, fast, high quality, easy to maintain printer these days for $10,000 - $13,000 usually. This makes purchasing a decade old machine with 6 expensive heads that is slower than it's modern counter parts not a good deal. Even though the heads alone are worth about $4800, there isn't much value in the machine. I personally would never spend more than $6000 on an XC540.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Maybe 10k if you make it a special edition?
IMG_1438.jpg

Ultimate13

The main thing to me when we bought a used XC-540 and an XJ-740 was the service record on the head life. If they need to be replaced soon or are in the "danger" zone, the price drops dramatically. That is how we got ours fairly cheap, both for $6k, which I think is way cheap, However they have been working very well for a couple years without replacements yet. It was a very similar situation to yours as they had bought a smaller competitor, these were basically in the way.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I appreciate the replies. Aside from eBay and craigslist, any suggestions for where to list it?

Would like to know this as well. Have a SC545EX we need to get rid of. Probably needs all new heads now, been sitting a while. Needed 2 last time we tried to run it.

MarkH42

This machine is in our office and I'm ready to sell it. What is the proper place to list a machine like this on Signs101? Is it this forum? Is there another forum for listing machinery for sale? Again, thanks for the help!

InkjetAuction

I repair a lot of Roland models for folks who have purchased used Roland gear (here in the Northeast).

Seems like $8k is the actual cash paid price for the typical XC-540 needing a little work and the SC-545EX ranges from $5k-$6.5k.
These are prices paid by knowledgeable buyers that have done their homework.

On the other hand I have more than a few customers that have paid over $5.5k for beat up SP-300's (not even V models). So you never know.
Seems like craigslist is the top mover of gear from my view. Relatively local buyers so you aren't stuck shipping a printer.

The used printer thing makes me nervous... and I can usually fix messed up machines. Buyers and sellers beware.

~E