• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300 Print Alignment Issue--Need Help

LWPeterson

We have a Roland SP-300 Print Cut machine, and are having alignment issues with the PRINTING. This happens uni-directional as well as bi-directional. We have made sure heads are clean, adjusted print, and calibrated per the manual, but the problem is still occurring. The problem appears to only happen when there is magenta and black in the design. The black tends to get a small outline of red around it in these cases. I have attached images to show the adjustments we have done, as well as the problem.

--Side note: The machine did not have this alignment problem until a tech came and replaced the yellow/magenta head and did an alignment himself. After he left, as we were printing the "Become Wanted" as seen in attached images, we noticed this small red outline or shadow on anything with magenta and black in it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

More info: We use CorelDraw and Roland VersaWorks. We have set our VersaWorks as follows:

Quality: Generic Vinyl I (OraCal Calendared Vinyl)
--High Quality
--Mode: CMYK
--Halftone: Dither
--Interpolation: Nearest Neighbor
--Direction: Bi-Direction
--Preset: Max Impact

Colors are RVW colors

Printer Controls:

Feed Calibration: Use Printer Settings (just changed to see if it helped. It did not. None of these settings seems to change our issue.)

Other Controls:

Use Custom Settings:

Vacuum Power: Strong
Dry Time 3 Minutes
Head Height: Normal

Heater Controls:

Use Custom Settings: Print Heater 37, Dryer off

(have tried various settings. We find our media works best at the above settings most often.)

Attachments

• APRedShadowing.jpg
    APRedShadowing.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 545
  • BecomeWantedRedOutline.jpg
    BecomeWantedRedOutline.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 463
  • BiDirectionalAdjustment.jpg
    BiDirectionalAdjustment.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 520
  • PrintTest.jpg
    PrintTest.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 812

Ragnabrok

Your tech didn't do the alignment accurately. From the nozzle check at least the bias of head 2 is off. The other 2 alignments are harder to judge from the test pattern, but at least one of them is off enough to give you that magenta shadow on everything.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That head was not aligned physically and there is no arguing about it. You're going to have to go in and do all of the alignments from start to finish to fix this issue. The physical alignments must be done before the electric timing ones. If not, you get the issue you are having. If I did that kind of work, I would expect the customer to bring me back in to finish the job right. If that is not something you want to do, get a tech manual and do it yourself. It's quite easy once you do it a a couple times and understand what is being adjusted.

LWPeterson

Your tech didn't do the alignment accurately. From the nozzle check at least the bias of head 2 is off. The other 2 alignments are harder to judge from the test pattern, but at least one of them is off enough to give you that magenta shadow on everything.

Thank you! This is what we were afraid of.

LWPeterson

That head was not aligned physically and there is no arguing about it. You're going to have to go in and do all of the alignments from start to finish to fix this issue. The physical alignments must be done before the electric timing ones. If not, you get the issue you are having. If I did that kind of work, I would expect the customer to bring me back in to finish the job right. If that is not something you want to do, get a tech manual and do it yourself. It's quite easy once you do it a a couple times and understand what is being adjusted.

Thanks! We now have a direction to go in. We were afraid of this.