• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-300v black ink streaks

a Blind Hippo

Hey,

I have been having problems printing 100% cmyk black lately. It seems to be dragging/streaking the black ink only.

Test print shows up good, no missing.

I have done many manual head cleans with no luck.

It is worse during early prints and as it goes along or I hit cleaning it clears up but every first few prints are bad.
IMG_3237.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3238.PNG
    IMG_3238.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 267

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check the bottom of the heads and clean off all the ink build up. Also, check the wipers and make sure they aren't completely guncked up. The fact that it clears up over time tells me there is just ink build up causing it to drag on the print and then it goes away once the ink erodes enough.

a Blind Hippo

Check the bottom of the heads and clean off all the ink build up. Also, check the wipers and make sure they aren't completely guncked up. The fact that it clears up over time tells me there is just ink build up causing it to drag on the print and then it goes away once the ink erodes enough.

Thanks for the reply,

I've cleaned around the head, cleaned the edges, soaked the cleaning sponge on the bottom of the head. I removed all gunk from the wipers more than once and even after a fresh clean it streaks like the above picture.

There doesn't seem to be anything hanging from the carriage or even built up underneath. All other colours including cyan don't leave a streak...

Any other thoughts?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for the reply,

I've cleaned around the head, cleaned the edges, soaked the cleaning sponge on the bottom of the head. I removed all gunk from the wipers more than once and even after a fresh clean it streaks like the above picture.

There doesn't seem to be anything hanging from the carriage or even built up underneath. All other colours including cyan don't leave a streak...

Any other thoughts?

I would make sure that your caps are draining after a cleaning cycle because if ink is staying in the cap after cleaning it can stick to the bottom of the head. After that, start by changing the dampers.

mleg1972

Thanks for the reply,

Any other thoughts?
You also need to check the tool carriage, sometimes it collects dust and debris.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

mleg1972

I would make sure that your caps are draining after a cleaning cycle because if ink is staying in the cap after cleaning it can stick to the bottom of the head. After that, start by changing the dampers.
Dampers have nothing to do with this issue. I'm a tech, something is dragging across the print.

FINBAR

Mt sp300v has a similar but more obvious problem in that the head strikes the media and causes smudging. All the usual hints have been tried--heaters, medai too cold-too warm-humidity. The printer is in a warm environment and I am losing faith in the machine. Any help or guidelines would be appreciated.
Barry--west of Ireland

FINBAR

Most of my work is very short production so I will try a cure by just cutting sufficient for the job off the roll.(No flanges with this secondhand machine).
Media is usually left on the feed rollers and this may cause distortion in the media being "crushed" when it is a full roll. I will store vertically and hope for undamaged work.
Many thanks for the help.
Barry

a Blind Hippo

You also need to check the tool carriage, sometimes it collects dust and debris.

Not sure how the black and only the black would streak....?

Carriage is clear though.

Cleaned heads again today, wipers are clean. First print after clean is the exact same.

Have caps coming, will try and replace them and see if that helps.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Dampers have nothing to do with this issue. I'm a tech, something is dragging across the print.

Dampers can totally cause ink to drop out if they are failing. It's actually one of the more common issues.