• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp 300v M/y Print Head Not Printing?

dbeere

I was recently having an issue with getting versaworks to read CutContour and after going thru all the regular things that would normally fix it i had to uninstall, reinstall, and initalize and now it only prints Black and Cyan, all the print and color settings are correct..?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure the heads are docked and then disconnect the M/Y cap top tube from the Y connector that goes to the pump. Now hook a syringe up to the tube and pull down. You should feel fairly strong resistance and shortly after you should see ink flow into the syringe. If you get all air and very little resistance, you need to clean the cap top and bottom of the head. If cleaning doesn't fix it, you need a new cap top. If you get a ton of resistance and no ink, the head and/or the cap top tube is clogged and needs to be flushed. If you get ink in the syringe and then try to run a test print and it still doesn't fire, you blew a fuse on the main board most likely by working on the machine while it was still plugged in and/or charged up.

dbeere

Make sure the heads are docked and then disconnect the M/Y cap top tube from the Y connector that goes to the pump. Now hook a syringe up to the tube and pull down. You should feel fairly strong resistance and shortly after you should see ink flow into the syringe. If you get all air and very little resistance, you need to clean the cap top and bottom of the head. If cleaning doesn't fix it, you need a new cap top. If you get a ton of resistance and no ink, the head and/or the cap top tube is clogged and needs to be flushed. If you get ink in the syringe and then try to run a test print and it still doesn't fire, you blew a fuse on the main board most likely by working on the machine while it was still plugged in and/or charged up.
Thanks for the reply, the tubes are definately not pluged, i have hooked up a syringe and primed the tubes, i'm thinking it is the fuse. Now, I have spoken to a local roland tech i keep in contact with and order material from and he says the fuse is soldered to the circuit board so in order to be fixed or to change the fuse he said that he would have to remove the circuit board and bring it with him, now i know roland techs are imfamous for things like this when it can be done in shop. Do you have any insight on the correct way to go about this would be?
Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks for the reply, the tubes are definately not pluged, i have hooked up a syringe and primed the tubes, i'm thinking it is the fuse. Now, I have spoken to a local roland tech i keep in contact with and order material from and he says the fuse is soldered to the circuit board so in order to be fixed or to change the fuse he said that he would have to remove the circuit board and bring it with him, now i know roland techs are imfamous for things like this when it can be done in shop. Do you have any insight on the correct way to go about this would be?
Thanks

He is right. Most newer model machines do have user replaceable fuses but your model is a solder type. Normally in this situation a sleezy tech would have told you the only way to fix it is to replace the whole main board. Taking the board out is the professional way to do it.

WalkerP

Take a meter and measure resistance to see if the fuse is truly bad. You can do that with the board still in. If so, just get a cheap axial fuse and solder across the old one. I too recommend taking the board out to do the soldering.